I'm am planning on buying my first acoustic guitar. I've heard good things about the Seagull S6 and was wondering if there was a difference between the Original and the Entourage. Also if you think there's a better guitar for under $400 feel free to make suggestions. Thank you.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
If you're used to that Epi SG, you're probably used to fairly high action. I play a Cort Earth 100, which fits the bill. Cheap, bright sound, action that you'll be accustomed to already...It gets some mixed reviews online, but I've played it for years and I quite like it. Great value.

But there's definitely nothing wrong with the Seagull. I've been thinking about buying one myself.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
From my experience, the Entourage I played sounded and played the same as my Seagull. The only thing I hate about it is the rossete. We all need to get together and spam Godin emails to make him stop putting that stupid raised up rossete on guitars. The rossete on my S6 original is very nice though.
the entourage has a different finish than the original. i find that the two don't sound exactly the same, but whether the finish is responsible, i couldn't say. i preferred the original to the entourage, and bought the original partly for looks and feel of the semi gloss finish against my skin, partly i liked the sound best and partly because i preferred the look of the natural semi gloss to the rustic finish.

Quote by mattman93
I'm am planning on buying my first acoustic guitar. I've heard good things about the Seagull S6 and was wondering if there was a difference between the Original and the Entourage. Also if you think there's a better guitar for under $400 feel free to make suggestions. Thank you.
I just bought my new s6 about 3 days ago and I LOVE it. It has a really rich and full tone. The sound is amazing for the price. Also it feels like it is built really well, feels very good in your hands. Hope that helps
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks