FL Studio. You won't get any better for loops.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Yes you will. Like Battery 3 drum sampler. With cubase/logic or something that can do things as basic as TRIPLETS and THINGS FASTER THAN 16th NOTES
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Fl Sucks It Cant Do Anythign Good Wrahahh
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Having learned on Cubase, i find it the easiest, so i'd personally go with that.
Ableton Live or Cubase.

I'm a Pro Tools guy, but it's not very suited for those styles.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by John W
Fl Sucks It Cant Do Anythign Good Wrahahh

If you know how to use it, it's good.
I like reason the best, but download trials of reason, ableton live, and fl studio and decide yourself.
FL Studio is great for beginners. Hard to produce something decent sounding though.

Reason is crap. Forget it.

Cubase/Logic are both great.

Ableton Live is my choice though. Somewhat different than typical producing. Most fun out of all the others though.
Fruity Loops. If you want to make hip hop, you'd have to download some sample packs first, though, and probably some VSTs (synths). If you know what you're doing, you can make Dr. Dre sounding beats. If you're a complete noob, it will most likely sound like Soulja Boy.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Quote by Deflection
Fruity Loops. If you want to make hip hop, you'd have to download some sample packs first, though, and probably some VSTs (synths). If you know what you're doing, you can make Dr. Dre sounding beats. If you're a complete noob, it will most likely sound like Soulja Boy.

Think carefully, TS. Is it really worth this risk?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you've got any time brah, check out Sound Recorder. It's pretty dope
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by SteveHouse
Think carefully, TS. Is it really worth this risk?

Soulja Boy actually makes his beats in Fruity Loops
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Acid is goood for loops.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Definately not talent........ jk jk

I use Logic for mah mixing.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
it depends, if you do a lot of suff ith prerecordd loops and sampling you ould be bete off wth something like Acid or Cubase, Reaso an L Studio woulde easier if you plan on doing your ow synthsandrum stuff (but remember Reason cannot record audio at all)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it depends, if you do a lot of suff ith prerecordd loops and sampling you ould be bete off wth something like Acid or Cubase, Reaso an L Studio woulde easier if you plan on doing your ow synthsandrum stuff (but remember Reason cannot record audio at all)

Propellerhead is coming out with a program called record for this purpose... try the open beta.
Last edited by simmy17 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by simmy17
Propellerhead is coming out with a program called record for this purpose... try the open beta.

I have, not impressed, it's still a closed system and is IMO expensive to justify buying when most major DAWs let you Rewire Reason in anyway.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I have, not impressed, it's still a closed system and is IMO expensive to justify buying when most major DAWs let you Rewire Reason in anyway.

I see your point. I just like reason the best. I hated ableton and I thought fl studio was decent. What do you use?
Last edited by simmy17 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by simmy17
I see your point. I just like reason the best. I hated ableton and I thought fl studio was decent. What do you use?

I use FL Studio, Reason and Sonar.

Last.fm
Anyone here use Reaper? I have it but am a total n00b at it and don't even know where to begin.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)