Hey guys just wondering is john petrucci's dvd rock discipline worth the money? i ask this because my friend is trying few torrents but their going mega slow so i could wait like a week or use my left over money from this weeks pay?

what do you guys reckon, worth buying?
Last edited by NzMetalKid at Aug 5, 2009,
i reckon you shouldn't tell people on UG that you're torrenting DVD's
or is that allowed here?
never seen the DVD.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
One of the best. Definitely worth the money. It really helped me a lot.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
It is nothing short of phenomenal other than the section on sweep picking which is just average. The section about chord building and theory is extremely helpful for people to learn theory who don't know any theory previously. The sections on legato and alternate picking and string skipping have been really helpful. I use the warm ups presented in the dvd every time before I practice. It has been extremely beneficial for me and if you put in the practice it should be the same for you.
Hey check out my band. Prog Metal/Death/Jazz
www.myspace.com/siegeofaugusta

1993 Jackson Rhoads Standard w/ EMG's for sale, PM if interested
Quote by zezimathehero
^Shut the hell up and talk about BTBAM
The warm-ups are beneficial, but that's the only part I've ever found myself consistently coming back to.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
good video. the tab book that comes with it is really useful regardless of whether you watch the DVD or not. but seriously, youtube FTW. its all on there. and then theres the psycho excercises.... you do know petrucci plays at 4,000,000BPM.... =/
I would recommend bypassing it and instead picking up Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina. It's cheaper, and its helped my playing tons. It goes over all the same concepts as rock discipline but in much more detail, plus has a section on rhythm playing and even relative pitch. I would also recommend getting its companion book, Fretboard Mastery which covers theory and ear training.
Quote by Myung-trucci
I would recommend bypassing it and instead picking up Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina. It's cheaper, and its helped my playing tons. It goes over all the same concepts as rock discipline but in much more detail, plus has a section on rhythm playing and even relative pitch. I would also recommend getting its companion book, Fretboard Mastery which covers theory and ear training.

+1.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
you can watch and download it on google videos. Actually I'm not sure about download, but you can watch it.
Look into some Troy Stetina stuff, his books are very well done
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.