Rig S7320 w/emg 707's straight to bugera 333xl

Amazingly awesome sounds till i get the volume to over half... then i get super bad feed back even if my strings are muted ..... it will stop if i get about 15 feet away from the amp but any closer and it is horrible.
suggestions ?
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Well, it's a 100 watt amp, closer to the amp than 15 feet it will feedback like hell, it's normal, you could try a noise gate, or just roll your volume knob down.

Edit: Yeah, don't face the amp, that causes a fair amount of feedback even muting your guitar strings.
Last edited by AdamDK at Aug 5, 2009,
I find not facing the amp helps, sit to the side or with your back to it. Also invest in a noise gate..?
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Try using less gain? If there is a problem, it's probably a microphonic preamp tube. My Windsor had one when I bought it. It would actually feedback even when there wasn't anything plugged into the input jack.
this only does it with the guitars volume over half .... also the gain is only on 4... and i am not facing the amp :P
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
There could be some faulty connections with the wires on the pickups maybe?

No idea tbh then.
I think something is vibrating in sympathy, that is the only reason it would stop if i get far away correct?
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
whats your amp volume on? or is that what you meant when you said you guitar volume?

get a noise gate man. a MXR smart Gate or a ISP decimator
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Dude...its a 100W amp...and the volume is over half....it's a high powered tube amplifier. If it stops when you are 15 feet away....and you are on stage...then it shouldn't be a problem. If you are playing this in a room, and you are playing at that volume..... :wave: to your hearing.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.