tried listening to youtube demo's and looking at reviews
but sadly i can't seem to decide should i get the krank rev jr pro 50
or the bugera 333xl

i know most people will say straight away the krank
but i play in a gigging band venues of upto 600 people
the genre is technical post-hardcore but i want enough gain on tap for bands like killswitch engage all that remains etc and from all the youtube demos the krank has never shown those levels of gain or if it has its been a scooped mid tone which is not what i want
i also want passable cleans for playing jazz and some blues and funk

any other suggestions withni a £600 $900 us budget would also be appreciated

thanks
Bugera are laced with issues such as breacking down, personally, thats why i'm not playing a Bugera amp right now.
I would suggest the Krank Rev, i liked it, even though i'm not a metal guy.

Can you PA your amp? If you can, a 5 watter could even do the trick.
So you're looking for an amp that does cleans well and some higher gain.

May i suggest an ENGL? (used ofcource)
Maybe a Genz-Benz?
The 333xl will easily have enough gain for you on tap, but the cleans aren't really jazzy, but could probably do for blues. The Bugera's have been known to have reliability issues though. Maybe look into a Marshall DSL401, plenty of gain on tap, modern voiced, will work pretty well for post hardcare, the cleans are pretty bright.
the only doubt with the krank is will it be able to give me enough gain , i like a really saturated high mid's tone(if thats helpful

i've tried looking at ENGL and could only really afford the thunder with a shared EQ and not really enough gain
i'll have a look at the genz benz but couldnt really find anything last time
The Krank has more than enough gain, believe me - I felt the 20w had WAY too much so I can only imagine how much the 50w has.

The only thing with Kranks is that you have to be willing to be patient and spend time with the EQ, as the sweep knob will either be your best friend or a pain in the arse.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Are you able to go used? If so scrap my last post, there's much better alternatives if you go used. And are you based in England? (The fact you put £600 before $900 suggests so but I just want to be clear)
you think? dont worrry im willing:P
im guessing the 50w just a louder version really
any other suggestions ?
thanks for the help so far
^^
thankss
i'll have to keep trawling ebay for good deals and depends how well the job hunting goes
but i'll keep looking
yeah i always thought the kranks were always the holy grail of amps lol just bc of dimebag but i played a couple models and they didn't impress me for the amount of hype and i hear theyre made very cheaply and i also hear that bugera amps are very unreliable and have a bad history of breaking or blowin some way or another...honestly if your looking for a tube amp...The peavey 6505 is incredible...lacks the nice clean channel unless you turn the gain way down and turn the volume way up has a nice clean tone but its just total tube tone and youll love the overdrive channels...also try lookin for other peavey models like the 3120..or even the randalls look for the v2 ninja head really really nice i think they sound better than the rm100s but hey hope i could help a little..theres alot of nice amps out there just gotta look around man
Quote by shadow__666
The Krank has more than enough gain, believe me - I felt the 20w had WAY too much so I can only imagine how much the 50w has.

The only thing with Kranks is that you have to be willing to be patient and spend time with the EQ, as the sweep knob will either be your best friend or a pain in the arse.

+ 1.

Almost everything you need to know about Krank amps in 2 paragraph.

IMO anyone who has not spent considerable time with a Krank (i.e. merely testing it in a store) really do not know how versatile it is.

Yes, I'd admit its does not rank among Mesa Mark or Vetta/Flextone etc for versatility, but for a high gain amp, its very versatile and the cleans are pretty decent considering how much of a high gain amp it is.

Test it for yourself.

Also, the Rev Jr Pro and Rev Jr Pro 50 have far more gain than anyone can EVER need.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.