Page 1 of 2
So many people on UG say making rap music requires little to no talent and that anyone can do it. Well, I was thinking: Why don't we have a hip-hop song contest? If you think making rap music is so easy, then it shouldn't be a problem, right? So let's do it!

I figure we'd take a look at the "good rap" thread, find users who actually listen to the genre, and make them the judges. (They'd be able to enter, too, they just wouldn't be able to vote for themselves.) I'd submit a song, but I wouldn't be able to run this contest cause I don't have the time... so if you guys think this is a good idea, someone else would have to take charge.

Well? What do you all think?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
definitely!

i'd love to witness or even judge this! i'm not an active viewer of said thread, but i do love good rap music.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Aguamento
Could be interesting. I wouldn't be entering though, I'd rather waste my time learning/making good music.

If you don't think you're good enough to make good music, that's cool. No one's forcing you to do anything.
Banging on a trash can
Quote by Aguamento
Could be interesting. I wouldn't be entering though, I'd rather waste my time learning/making good music.

The reason i'll never be a mod is because I would ban little pricks like you in a heartbeat.

I am interested in this, if I get a new mic soon then i'd love to enter.
Making rap isnt easy, it's as hard as the next genre of music. You need to have good and original lyrics, maybe about something no one has talked about yet. And you need to have a good beat. Making music is hard no matter what genre your in. But that's my opinion.

I would be interested with what people would come up with though. Good thread, good idea.
Last edited by Jason_Dionne at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by JacobTheMe
The reason i'll never be a mod is because I would ban little pricks like you in a heartbeat.

I have an opinion. I'll keep it to myself from now on tho
bang bang, muthaf*cka
got them bucks a plenty.
hit the floor, run
cuz the cops tryna get me

rape, rape, murder, rape, murda murda, rape
in court i plead the fif', cuz im inda golden shower tape

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
good hip hop takes talent. the **** on the radio doesn't. do i need to explain any further? this thread is not required.

anyone ever heard of Movits? they're pretty damn awesome. THATS good hip hop.

a lot of foreign hip hop is just plain awesome. french hip hop is particularly bad ass.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
good hip hop takes talent. the **** on the radio doesn't. do i need to explain any further? this thread is not required.

Yes this thread is required. I wanna hear some good hip-hop!
Banging on a trash can
i strip ma ho's for strippin ma wallet
livin in a classy chalet drivin a ferrareh
money money, hos hos, money
murder ma enemies and their hos and eat their money
so get back from the pedestal cuz i got the ****in veto.

lmao i make me laugh sometimes. but seriously 99% of rap made in the last 10 years is like this. gotta stick with the classic early 90's late 80's stuff.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
this could be epic win or epic fail depending on who enters
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Aguamento

I have an opinion. I'll keep it to myself from now on tho

Don't worry hes the 'most hated uger of 09'

thats like shit covered in shit.
I bet Rabidguitarist would be great at this. Why is that man so talented when I can barely tune my guitar?
Ooo goody! I'll go get my friend Charles to participate in this endeavor! He'll bust a cap nigga!

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by JacobTheMe

booooo boo his opinion! it sucks! booooo! his opinion is no good and wrong! boooo!
Quote by Wesseem
i strip ma ho's for strippin ma wallet
livin in a classy chalet drivin a ferrareh
money money, hos hos, money
murder ma enemies and their hos and eat their money
so get back from the pedestal cuz i got the ****in veto.

lmao i make me laugh sometimes. but seriously 99% of rap made in the last 10 years is like this. gotta stick with the classic early 90's late 80's stuff.
ahaha, that was pretty funny dude, and true also. especially the "ferrareh" pronunciation.
Balls.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
booooo boo his opinion! it sucks! booooo! his opinion is no good and wrong! boooo!

Its not that he had an opinion. Its that he just pretended that he has heard every hip-hop song ever and that they all must be a waste of time to write because he doesn't like them.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

i think this is seriously good stuff. these guys were unknown by most people until they got onto the Colbert Report.

Yeah, but I wanna hear it from UGers.

But apparently there are a lot of people (not including you) who'd rather just criticize it from a distance. I thought it'd be fun to do and at the same time, if people actually tried to make it themselves, they might actually gain some respect for how much talent it takes.

But to those who are interested, someone should get the contest started.
Banging on a trash can
I'd like to see people give this a serious go, obviously they won't because if they give it a serious go and fail they'll just look stupid (not that they don't now but...)
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Where this is going

I like it.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I'd like to enter, are hip-hop covers of metal-songs allowed?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I like this, I would like to judge since when I was kid I used to hear some good mexican rap and hip hop and when I say good they don't include the cliché of ho's and drugs.
I would like to see how this ends up
Last edited by blackborrego at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Its not that he had an opinion. Its that he just pretended that he has heard every hip-hop song ever and that they all must be a waste of time to write because he doesn't like them.

No.

I never said that every hip-hop song ever written sucked. I do like a few hip-hop songs from here to there, but whatever. Basically, I said that I wouldn't want to WRITE this music. I've been brought up on Classic Rock though, so I'm slightly biased.
This is a great idea, unfortunately I'm no good at writing lyrics so I won't enter, but I'm excited to see the results.
Quote by JesusCrisp
I'd like to enter, are hip-hop covers of metal-songs allowed?

I doubt it.

the point was to create a rap song. I assume you can use any backing you'd like but I think the lyrics have to be original at the very least.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Aguamento
No.

I never said that every hip-hop song ever written sucked. I do like a few hip-hop songs from here to there, but whatever. Basically, I said that I wouldn't want to WRITE this music. I've been brought up on Classic Rock though, so I'm slightly biased.

you implied that all of it was bad music.

I'd rather spend my time learning/writing good music.

this implies rap is not included in the term 'good music'.

Quote by element4433
I'm interested, but it would be about a week before I can start writing.

Count my name down.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Aguamento

Then why dont you make a good rap?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

anyone ever heard of Movits? they're pretty damn awesome. THATS good hip hop.

a lot of foreign hip hop is just plain awesome. french hip hop is particularly bad ass.

Indeed.

I find that the French-Algerian "Sinik" is really awesome. Autodestruction is my favorite rap song.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Page 1 of 2