Hey I'm considering whether or not I want to get a floyd rose-equipped guitar or not. Anyone here with firsthand experience with floyds, is it really worth it to get a floyd?

Some stuff to consider, I do change tunings fairly frequently, and I've never dealt with a floyd before
I bought one and have mixed feelings about it, all i can say is make sure its what you REALLY want
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
i change tunings on 6's too much to have one, but i like em on 7 strings.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
If you change tunings alot, dont get a floyd. Simple as in my opinion. You'd have to set it up every time you changed the tuning
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
What SPBY said, if you don't change tunings too often, it's fine. Changing strings isn't that hard, but changing tunings is a bitch.
i would say that if you get a guitar with a floyd make sure its an original floyd rose and not a cheaper version. those are really the only ones i have found are worth while. you might want to get one and keep it in a tuning because they are hard to change.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
it depends on what kind of music you play like its really good for divebombs and all that most floyd rose dont go out of tune usually even with the tremelo a good guitar to get is a jackson dxmg dinky 2008 model it is like 450 bucks and really good it is also hard to change tunings
Last edited by Djs94 at Aug 5, 2009,