I want a new guitar. Here's what I'd like to find.

-Set neck
-String-through or solid tail piece.
-Active EMG's.
-Under $1000 USD

So far the best matches I've come up with are several different ESP LTD models. I checked out a couple Schecters, but I don't care for the thick necks. Otherwise, I like them.

Any suggestions?
Yeah, I think the ESP's might be the only ones like that(I personally love them, but never got a chance to try them).
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Get a used Gibson, put EMGs in it. Gibson has the best quality around nowadays (and this is coming from a Fender man).

Everything you want with a thinner neck for $900.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i would say stay with ESPs. i love there EC models and the viper i owned wasnt bad either.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I think the ESP MH-401QMNT is perfect for you. Basically all those features you listed, about $680 or so. I have the trem version of it, and am loving it so far.
Michael Kelly Vex Deluxe and once again preferably last years model with the EMG pups. Also Washburn X50 Pro FE, and just about 5 different schecter guitars.
RG321, then change the pickups. well, do active pups good with basswood?
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Thanks for the advice! I hadn't seen that Ibanez before, and I haven't even thought about a Washburn.
Quote by SylvaShredder
Get a used Gibson, put EMGs in it. Gibson has the best quality around nowadays (and this is coming from a Fender man).

actually, Gibson has maybe the worst quality control right now. Especially the studios and such. They are hit and miss, more so than a squier starter pack...
Quote by SylvaShredder

I sell gibsons, half the V's and explorers that come through the store have sh1t fretwork. these are $1200 guitars $1400 even. the fretboards are not radiused properly so the frets get dressed to sh1t up by the 22 fret. like flat square low frets. the sh1t I would expect on a epi but gibson is just raping people for $$ now. unless you spend $2000 + the gibsons are just sh1t.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Aug 6, 2009,
Why not just get an actual stratocaster (MIM) = 500
Block the tremolo
Swap pickups with EMG's

??

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Why not just get an actual stratocaster (MIM) = 500
Block the tremolo
Swap pickups with EMG's

??

read the TS post. he said set neck.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by fullsailstudent
read the TS post. he said set neck.

DOH! I need to see an optometrist....
Thought he said STRAT neck....

LOL..
Just ignore me...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear