I've been looking at exercises to do for my fretting hand to improve on accuracy, agility, and coordination with strumming. One I stumbled upon today was taking your index,middle, ring, pinky and putting them on 4 different frets, starting on low E.
Then moving your index down to A without moving any of your other fingers, then doing the same for all the others. When I get to my Ring finger, it is a statue. I put everything I've got into it, but it will not move unless I lift my middle or pinky. I have no problems moving my pinky at all. Is this due to a weak muscle in my ring finger or am I some sort of tard. I'm probably both, but at least the muscle thing can be fixed.

Also if you have recommendations for building accuracy and agility exercises please share. The ones I'm currently doing are great but I'm open for suggestion.
The ring finger is the weakest finger on the hand. Ask any pianist and they'll tell you that endlessly. I think the only way to overcome this would be to persist and keep working with your ring finger.

The spider exercises. Chromatics. I found that the best way to improve finger strength and accuracy was to shift between chords.
Is your pinky muscle actually activating, or is your skin just pulling it? Because the goal of those exercises (I think) is to make each finger independent so as to eliminate unnecessary muscle movement. If your skin is pulling your finger, there's not a whole lot you can do about it, but if not, I'd say just work at it some more.
i know what you mean, sort of anyway. When i lift my ring finger when my pinky is on the fretboard the pinky comes away too... its a right pain

tried your exercise thing, i can do it but the ring finger is the hardest to lift, maybe just keep doing that one until it feels natural.

sorry if im not much help
Quote by Speckled_Hen
i know what you mean, sort of anyway. When i lift my ring finger when my pinky is on the fretboard the pinky comes away too... its a right pain

tried your exercise thing, i can do it but the ring finger is the hardest to lift, maybe just keep doing that one until it feels natural.

sorry if im not much help

Pinky moves on it's I believe, If I make a fist I can stick each finger up and move it independently without the others uncurling. I can do this with Index,Middle, and Pinky; but not the ring.

Glad to hear the thing about pianist. Anyone got tips for improving accuracy? I'm guessing practice slow, speed will come in time.