I've recently been offered a trade, my Framus Cobra 100w head for a VHT Pitbull 100CL w/road case, and I'm considering it, I've just never had the chance to play any VHT's, so I thought I'd come on here for some advice from some VHT users.
Basically this amp will end up being my back up rig as my ENGL Invader is my main beast, but I was wondering how a VHT Pitbull 100CL compares to a Framus Cobra top?

I am basically looking for smooth leads and a punchy rhythm in high gain tone, I also need plenty of clarity with my amps so that plays a huge factor in my tone preference. How well does the 6-band graphic EQ work on board? Any advice about the amp in question would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Invader and VHT on stereo = OH MAH GAWD!

WTFdit:
i thought it was an Ultra Lead. keep teh Framus
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Aug 5, 2009,
NOt worth it IMHO. If it was a pitbull, then yes...but the CL is nothing to write home about.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
hahaha yeah, if it was an Ultra Lead I'd be alllllllllll over that, I've heard one before and absolutely loved its tone. Never heard the CL though, thought I'd look into it a little more.
Thanks! Any other opinions are welcome!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
I've recently been offered a trade, my Framus Cobra 100w head for a VHT Pitbull 100CL w/road case, and I'm considering it, I've just never had the chance to play any VHT's, so I thought I'd come on here for some advice from some VHT users.
Basically this amp will end up being my back up rig as my ENGL Invader is my main beast, but I was wondering how a VHT Pitbull 100CL compares to a Framus Cobra top?

I am basically looking for smooth leads and a punchy rhythm in high gain tone, I also need plenty of clarity with my amps so that plays a huge factor in my tone preference. How well does the 6-band graphic EQ work on board? Any advice about the amp in question would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

LOL I got offers from both of your guys (for the framus and the VHT) in the toronto area LOL.

The pitbull is pretty sick...but it is unforgiving..but has a tone of it';s own.

the pit bull has smooth leads and is tight..maybe not as tight as the cobra...but still very nice
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
I love me some VHTs, but I would never trade a Cobra for a 100CL, unless I was getting a good bit of cash with it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I love me some VHTs, but I would never trade a Cobra for a 100CL, unless I was getting a good bit of cash with it

they are both selling them for the same price on craigslist...of 1900
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by tenaciousjp
they are both selling them for the same price on craigslist...of 1900

Hmm. I guess if it had the GEQ and came with the road case it'd be a fair trade, but as much as I like VHTs, I wouldn't trade a Cobra for that amp. I'd trade it for a Sig:X or with cash for a Ultralead/100CLX, that's about it.

The 100/CLs sound good, but compared to a Cobra they don't have as nice of cleans and they don't get as brutal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, after looking into it further I dont think I'm going to go with the trade, the Cobra is a really nice back up amp to the Invader, only thing I think I'd go for a trade would be a Bogner Ex or Ub, or Pitbull UL, of course I'd have to add some cash on my end.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded