Have you seen the price for this.... $8,000 some of the best les pauls are cheaper is it worth it cuz im a huge nugent fan and he plays this guitar a lot
Yes get the Ibanez. And then when you can wail like Nugent, get the Byrdland. This should allow several years of practice time and saving money.
I don't believe in paying $8,000 for a guitar.

But if we were talking about the Moderne or the Corvus, it would be well worth it. But I don't even think those go for $8,000.
If you're willing to drop $8,000 on a guitar go to a GOOD luthier and get it custom built...
i saw a Byrdland four days ago:

1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
That picture....

I may need to clean myself.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
If I were you, TS, then I would buy one.
Then I would join the NRA and rant about Obama.

No really, like everybody said, it isn't worth it.
Even if you have a semi acoustic Epiphone, you'll get pretty much the same tone with the right amp. So if you get a Byrdland type guitar, shove it through a Fender Bassman (I think that's what Ted used, but I'm not sure).

You'll pretty much get the sound then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by musicfan1234
im sorry, but that isnt worth it.

you do realize that is a real gibson 59. thats a deal. anything from gibson in the 50's is super collectible. goldtops go for $200,000. the byrdland reissue is $8000. usually what gibson does is take someone famous like the nuge and reissue his guitar then add another $2000 to what it would normally sell for as a standard production model. like the zz top LP that has his name on it is $2000 more, gibson rep told me they are identical in every way except the name.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.