Right, a few days ago i decided to "experiment" by taking an old marshall mg10cd (which had a broken speaker) and turning it into a mini amplifier head (i thought it was a shame to just leave it to gather dust). Now i'm planning on buying a new amp head and 4x12 cab, and i was wondering if it would be possible to plug the marshall into the amp cab? Would the marshall be able to play through the cab (i soldered a jack to the wires that were previously connected to the speaker). It's just i don't know all that much about impedance and stuff.
If it doesn't work i'm not too bothered since i'll be getting a proper amp head anyway and i was just experimenting.

Thanx
If the impedance of the cab matches the impedance that the amp is rated for, it will absolutely work. (If you don't know the output impedance of the amp, try looking on the speaker from the combo.)
Quote by cedricsmods
If the impedance of the cab matches the impedance that the amp is rated for, it will absolutely work. (If you don't know the output impedance of the amp, try looking on the speaker from the combo.)

The only problem is will you produce much sound with a 10w SS head into a 200w cab?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I'm not too bothered about how loud it'll go. I'll probs only use it in my bedroom or possibly to jam with but thts all.

thanx