well
im learning to play piano in a school around here
the school is going to make a gig to show the students
im learning piano because i learned to play guitar here on UG and YouTube and i didnt like the guitar teacher
now i will play "Young Lust" by Pink Floyd with a drummer, a singer, a bass player and another guitarist
the guy is a metalhead and he is always trying to play over me so i got to play over him
we have our own solos for the song and more than a Pink Floyd song sounds like a Guitar Duel
were both at the same level of playing but he has a better guitar than mine (an Ibanez with an Edge, mine is a Squier Strat) but when one is playing rhythm guitar while the other one is soloing, we start to play lead fills and almost no rhythm guitar is played
what can i do? the song has no fails but it doesnt sounds like a band playing together

any comments?
Hola.
Last edited by luyano at Aug 5, 2009,
suck his penis and he will do anything you want.. at least I would?
Have a chat with the guitarist about it being about making a good sounding song and playing together. Not against each other.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

tell him to stop comparing **** sizes with you and be a real musician. No matter how good he is, there is someone better out there. If he considers himself a true guitarist, then he's got to learn to listen more than he does play. You'd be surprised how much you learn from simply observing or backing other musicians, no matter what their skill level may be.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Quote by urik
Have a chat with the guitarist about it being about making a good sounding song and playing together. Not against each other.

this.. TS I know what you mean, when you see people playing guitar and people are praising them, you want to go over and show them up but can't for fear of looking like a douche..

I have a mate that isn't as good as me, but plays in front of people more often, just in the common room or whatever, and it annoys me 'cos I want to show them how good I am, but I can't go over and play exactly the same stuff he's playing, but better(god I sound like a tosser) for fear of being a tosser.. It's a hard balance.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by luyano
but when one is playing rhythm guitar while the other one is soloing, we start to play lead fills and almost no rhythm guitar is played
what can i do? the song has no fails but it doesnt sounds like a band playing together

any comments?

don't play lead fills when you're supposed to be on rhythm duty. problem solved.
Do the Hendrix thing where you use your thumb to play Rhythm and Lead that way you make him look stupid while you play both =)
Offer him corn pops if he cooperates. In the end he will say the cliche "gotta have my pops" and surrender to your demands
Just have the lead singer denote who plays rythm and who plays lead OR..
You could just talk to him about who should play what. I think he might a little ass kicken to get his mind right. just dont do it in front of the other band mates, they will definitly fire you for being violent. but honestly ask him to accept the fact that alot of bands have more than one guitarist.

If hes still an idiot, then kick his wanna be ass and he will be done with the arguing.
70's rocked,80's sucked! 90's were Awesome! 2000's suck as well (vocader Hip-Hop, Jamacian sounding R&B and all the rock bands sound the same (Hinder/Saving Abel/Buck Cherry)See a pattern?Heres hoping the next decade dares to sound different!