so i checked up on my one of my favorite guitarist,dave keuning of the killers, pedalboard to see what he uses for distortion and it was an ibanez ts9 which appears to be keeley modded ,which im almost positive is the baked mod,or atleast thats how it sounds,but my influences are also the strokes,the arctic monkeys,Bloc party,etc.(post punk,and garage rock basically(plus revival)),so i was wondering is this mod any good?,or atleast any good for my influences,and is it versatile?
well the TS-9 is an overdrive so the majority of the tone still depends on the amp, check out what amp he uses.
well he uses a hot rod deville,in conjunction with an angled hiwatt cabinet,but i was planning on getting the fender hot rod deluxe,does it have similair sound to a hot rod deville
Quote by Acefire
well he uses a hot rod deville,in conjunction with an angled hiwatt cabinet,but i was planning on getting the fender hot rod deluxe,does it have similair sound to a hot rod deville

I think the only difference between the deville and the deluxe is the speaker config. I could be wrong though