Hey guys, I'm applying to Berklee this fall using the Early Decision option, so I have to audition by the end of December. Currently, I'm working on a song with my guitar teacher, but I don't know how to make it the required 3-5 minute length. I'm playing a solo arrangement of the jazz standard "Beautiful Love" by Victor Young When my I told my guitar teacher about the time requirement, he said to go through the form by walking the bassline with chords. That's fine, but its still slightly under three minutes. Any suggestions on how to make this song longer, or should I attempt another song?
just repeat the head a couple of times?
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Do "Race with the Devil on the Spanish Highway"
or something by Di Meola.
You'll def get in then

EDIT: or solo?
Hmm I'd be interested in this as well. I plan on attending in a few years. Just some advice though: The dean or whatever he is called of Berklee said they are looking for potential. Even if you aren't very technically proficient they may still let you in if they think you are an amazing writer.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
you must be rich or something I wanted to go to Berklee but way to expensive 40,000 a year I couldn't afford that plus it's really hard to get in.

I hope you get in though.

Just pick a song you enjoy a lot and you should have the 3 to 5 minutes length.
i think berklee is one of those they accept a lot of people but will kick you out if youre not improving enough, don't quote me on that though, just trying to give you a heads up. oh and i had a friend who went there said it was a bitch, he couldn't get a dorm and had to live in some crappy apartment till he decided it wasn't worth his time goin there
thanks for the help guys, I figured out a way to lengthen the bassline and chord comping part, so its right in the amount of time I need. It is a ton of money to go to berklee, but my parents have said not to worry about the price. my sister goes to syracuse, and its like 50k, so I guess they're not worried right now... I'm not worried about my skill level improving though, I feel like I learn things very quickly. Thanks for your help, my audition is in november, so i've got plenty of time
Quote by Schnee27
thanks for the help guys, I figured out a way to lengthen the bassline and chord comping part, so its right in the amount of time I need. It is a ton of money to go to berklee, but my parents have said not to worry about the price. my sister goes to syracuse, and its like 50k, so I guess they're not worried right now... I'm not worried about my skill level improving though, I feel like I learn things very quickly. Thanks for your help, my audition is in november, so i've got plenty of time

I hope you do good I suggest looking into classical and jazz stuff now if you don't know that already. It will improve your playing and writing music. I would love to get into Berklee but I can't afford it :P so I'm going to try a school in Ontario that's close to me. Another way to help with writing is hanging with people that play other instruments juggle ideas to make songs.