Since it's technically a modeling amp, does it handle pedals well? I heard Nine Inch Nails use Vetta's, and use a ton of different pedals with them.
An amp is an amp is an amp. Pedals sound bad through a bad amplifier, regardless of the type. The Vetta is a great amp and should handle pedals just fine regardless of what UG might tell you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
why in the world would you need pedals with a Vetta? It's got more effects than one could fit on a reasonably sized pedalboard and then some.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I wouldn't try it with distortion, OD or fuzz pedals, but delays and modulation effects should be OK.

And NIN don't use Vettas BTW - they use PODs plugged into the PA.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by oneblackened
why in the world would you need pedals with a Vetta? It's got more effects than one could fit on a reasonably sized pedalboard and then some.

/thread
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Quote by Darkflame
maybe NIN only use em in the studio ?

Maybe, although I'm fairly sure Trent just plugs the POD into the mixing board there as well.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by oneblackened

because some people like the sound of specific pedals, and also the effects on the Vetta aren't all that great as they really are more of a bonus feature, with the amp modelling being the main point.

To answer TS's question, it depends, some modeling amps don't take well to things like distortion and/or waveshaping pedals (i.e. any kind of guitar "synthesizer" pedal) but usually it will work ok, but you may have to fool around with the amps settings.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have a Vetta. There is no way in the WORLD you would need any pedal of any sort.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
I have a Vetta. There is no way in the WORLD you would need any pedal of any sort.

I've played on them, I like most of my pedals better than the effects on the Vetta, sure most of the Vettas effects are adequate, but that doesn't really cut it for me (or lots of other people who buy vintage and botique pedals)

Last.fm
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

Is the delay on the Vetta self-oscillating?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
^Im not sure what that means. But If you mean when you turn the time knob it sounds like an alien invasion, than yes

But seriously, you may have your b00t33k pedals and ****, but you can tweak EVERY ****ING thing of every effect. You can edit mix, treble, mids, bass time, tap tempo depth and more I'm forgetting. And thats just for a Phaser. You can make it sound like anything
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^Im not sure what that means. But If you mean when you turn the time knob it sounds like an alien invasion, than yes

Ah fair enough, didnt know that. Thats actually pretty cool that it can do that
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

But seriously, you may have your b00t33k pedals and ****, but you can tweak EVERY ****ING thing of every effect. You can edit mix, treble, mids, bass time, tap tempo depth and more I'm forgetting. And thats just for a Phaser. You can make it sound like anything

You can't make it sound like an old school analog phaser, believe me I tried, there's plenty to be said about the versatility of digital effects, but they still can't sound analog, which is a big thing for a lot of people.

Last.fm
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

Somehow I doubt you can make it sound like a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory plugged into a Devi Ever Bit Mangler.

Quote by shadow__666
I wouldn't try it with distortion, OD or fuzz pedals, but delays and modulation effects should be OK.

And NIN don't use Vettas BTW - they use PODs plugged into the PA.

Incorrect. They do use Vettas. They've said so many times, they're featured on the Vetta official page and I've seen them myself. They might have used PODs a few years ago.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Aug 6, 2009,