Page 1 of 2
Okay before continuing I would like to note that I am not replacing a Squier Logo with a Fender one.

My plans are to build a new Strat. I have a small problem. The neck I am about to buy has a blank headstock. How do I go about placing a Fender American Standard Strat logo in there? (It is a replacement neck for a MIA Standard Strat.)

Would the people at Warmoth install it or would I have to do so myself? If so what do I do?

Thanks,

Lifelines
RIGG:

Squier "20th Anniversary" Stratocaster
Yamaha FCX720SCA Acoustic
Yamaha Classical CM40
Peavey Vypyr 30 Amplifier
Its probably illegal for them to sell a neck with a fender logo on it.

I dono, maybe make a good stencil and spray it on..? Or are you thinking more like an inlay? I think that would be pretty difficult to make. Why does it need a logo anyway..?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
could always go to a graphic design studio and ask someone to make a vinyl decal for you
or make your own logo to make it unique
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by Tyranus-3121
could always go to a graphic design studio and ask someone to make a vinyl decal for you
or make your own logo to make it unique

I second the idea of making your own logo, that would be badass.
Quote by Tyranus-3121

You can do this, but I'd leave the headstock blank, it gives it a more personal feel to the guitar. Otherwise, you can make your own logo like others suggested.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Warmoth wont put any kind of logo from another company on their products including fender logos.Why does it need a Fender logo anyway?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

It's illegal to put proper decals on. Fender is the only company that can put Fender logos on or in theory sell Fender logos - but they won't do it, they themselves tell you to go to Warmoth for any replacement parts and Warmoth won't do logos.

The best you could do is make your own copy of the logo using a fine-detail, very high-quality laser printer and some thin perspex or similar. You could then stick that on the headstock and finish over it - obviously, this requires finishing the neck yourself which can be very hard.

Of course, you could buy a genuine Fender neck off eBay or similar. A lot of people sell genuine Fender bodies and necks there, so if you're not going to be using Warmoth's customs options and you just want a direct Fender replacement neck, doing that is often a better way.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You know it's a fender so why do you need to have a logo placed on it to confirm this? Make a cool graphic and get vynil decal of it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I hate the look of a blank headstock, plus I don't like making custom logo's. I want to be able to say "Hey, look at my kickass Fender American Strat."

As shallow as it sounds, its true :/.
RIGG:

Yamaha Classical CM40
Use the Fender font to write Fucker. Lulz when people notice.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Use the Fender font to write Fucker. Lulz when people notice.
Amazing idea.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by LifeLines
I hate the look of a blank headstock, plus I don't like making custom logo's. I want to be able to say "Hey, look at my kickass Fender American Strat."

You're going through Warmoth right? If the guitar is built by Warmoth then it isn't a Fender,and putting a Fender logo on it wont change that.Stop being shallow and throw a Warmoth logo on the headstock.Any guitarist worth their salt will see that logo and know you're playing a damn fine instrument.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Its not a full Warmoth guitar. Its a complete MIA Standard Strat, apart from the neck I might buy. I do like the ****er idea, though I don't think my girlfriend would like that one.
RIGG:

Yamaha Classical CM40
buy a fender neck of google theres loads on there
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by LifeLines
Its not a full Warmoth guitar. Its a complete MIA Standard Strat, apart from the neck I might buy. I do like the ****er idea, though I don't think my girlfriend would like that one.

Just buy an American strat neck.You can get the neck from a brand new american deluxe off Ebay in mint condition for around the same price as a Warmoth neck.It solves all your problems,though I'd personally take a Warmoth neck over a Fender neck.

American deluxe neck w/ tuners

Quote by LifeLines

wow. you could use that money to buy something useful like a stompbox or something
you're whipped if you dont put ****er on it just because your girlfriend "wont like it"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Fender "restoration" decals are fairly common (just google Fender decal). Since Warmoth is licensed to sell the Fender headstock shape I hardly think Fender cares legally if you stick a Fender logo on it as long as you're not trying to sell it as an original. The question is since you're Planning on paying for a quality neck and this seems so important to you, why not just buy the real thing and be done with it?
^ *****, that was my idea
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
on ebay im pretty sure you can get the logo in decal form
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by JAHellraiser
you're whipped if you dont put ****er on it just because your girlfriend "wont like it"

Yes. If she's asinine enough to get upset because your guitar says Fucker then you need to get back on the market. Unless she's really. hot. That'd make your guitar neither form of a lie and would be hilarious, rather than shallow. If you're in a situation where it's inappropriate, say playing a show at your school, put a piece of masking tape over it.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Two options that I can see:

Buy a used MiA neck

or

A Might Mite neck. They have the Fender logo on, even though it says licensed by MM etc etc etc.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
make a "Fendar" Decal that looks like the original
that would be hilarious
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by JAHellraiser

I second this. Don't be a puuusseeehhh.

But seriously. You'd kinda be a douche for putting that logo on there. If you tried to sell it, it could be considered ripping people off. Unless you assume you are at the exact same quality as an out of the factory MIA Strat.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by LifeLines

Just like it's her body, her decision; it's your guitar, your decision, if she doesn't like it, she can pound walnuts up her ass. If she tries giving you drama over it, blow up in her face, tell her, "Piss off, I'll write whatever the hell I like on my guitar." A well timed emotional outburst can help people keep perspective on what they're whining about.

Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Yes. If she's asinine enough to get upset because your guitar says Fucker then you need to get back on the market. Unless she's really. hot. That'd make your guitar neither form of a lie and would be hilarious, rather than shallow. If you're in a situation where it's inappropriate, say playing a show at your school, put a piece of masking tape over it.

This.

Anyways, from 10 feet away it'll just look like it says Fender. What makes it funny is that it takes a double take to notice what it says.

Also, it doesn't matter how attractive someone is, no amount of hot makes up for stupid.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Looks to me like a custom guitar with a fender neck. But I could be wrong

Quote by bogg808

Quote by vitalguitar2
Does anyone know what kind of fender guitar this is. It kind of resembles a jaguar, but im not sure.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/2697164103_d16cb70f9d.jpg?v=0

it looks like a fender toronado.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Like I said...

Quote by bogg808

don't write fender on it. that makes you look like you're a wannabe fender owner, even if you do own a real strat. Put like your name or something on it.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Like I said...

Just letting you know.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Screw the '****er' idea. Write 'Bender' instead. In the Fender font it'll look much closer. Paint the guitar's body in flip-flop blue/pink.

None of you can deny that would be an incredible sight.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Screw the '****er' idea. Write 'Bender' instead. In the Fender font it'll look much closer. Paint the guitar's body in flip-flop blue/pink.

None of you can deny that would be an incredible sight.

it wouldn't look closer to fender. The "f" is what stands out in the fender logo. Replacing it with a "b" will be more obvious.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Well 1) not in the Fender font it doesn't, and 2) you missed the point.
Woah, that little tutorial is great! I'm probably going to do that to the fender neck that I'm buying. Either that, or I'm going to use a vinyl plotter to cut my logo out... That way I don't have to sand my finished birdseye maple neck down. Adhesive vinyl sticks to just about anything, but it usually sells in 20+ foot rolls and is a little impractical unless your parents own an advertising business like mine do.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
You could always put something different on the headstock, like:
"lolwut?"
"i did it for the lulz"
"FTW!"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
wrong forum, go to gear building, people know what to do there
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Page 1 of 2