I was wanting to know if you could change from passive pickups to active. And if you could how would you do it. I don't plan on doing it I'm just curious. Thanks.
Blue Red Yellow Green
1) Take out old pups
2) Put in actives
3) ?????
4) Profit!
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
You'd need to have the pickups,battery,and pots rated for active pickups.If your control cavity has room to fit the battery then you just put it in there,but for guitars that have small or cramped control cavities you have to install a battery box to hold the 9 volt.Some guitars will need to be routed a bit to fit the active pups,but others can accommodate them without any mods.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You'd need to have the pickups,battery,and pots rated for active pickups.If your control cavity has room to fit the battery then you just put it in there,but for guitars that have small or cramped control cavities you have to install a battery box to hold the 9 volt.Some guitars will need to be routed a bit to fit the active pups,but others can accommodate them without any mods.

+ You'll need to install a stereo output jack. And I think most active pickup manufacturers come with installation instructions with the pickups.