I take my acoustic to my office regularly to play here and there throughout the day, but I'd like to take the electric sometimes instead, so I'm just looking for a very token baby amp to keep there. I really just want to hear the electric-- yes, that basic a requirement...

Appreciate any recommendations, thanks.
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube/Cube

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Danelectro mini amp or what ever its called?
Or you could try a Vox amplug.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Do you want distortion?

No distortion - Peavey Nanovalve, Epiphone Valve Junior, Fender Champion 600...

Distortion - Microcube, Vypyr 15, Vox DA5, VT15
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Vox Amplug. I have the AC30 version and it's great. I even plug it into my 75 watt amp on clean to add reverb and it sounds great.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
+1 on the Vypyr 15. Cheapest amp that sounds pretty darn good. Stellar cleans and great high gain. Mid gain is a bit gritty. FX are good. Plug the headphone out into your computer's line in and record as well, or listen through your computer speakers if you want to keep the sound from projecting too much.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
... tokenest? really?
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

Come on, you know you want to. Imagine your co-workers reactions.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^^ Haha, actually I could do that if I wanted-- it's my company But really, I'm just looking to get in more practice time as I'm rarely at home anymore.

I can't believe there's so many adorable little amps available, lol. I think I'm going to get the Vox amPlug, that is frakkin amazing that such a thing exists. Thanks for all the recommendations guys
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
Quote by michaelscofield
^^ Haha, actually I could do that if I wanted-- it's my company But really, I'm just looking to get in more practice time as I'm rarely at home anymore.

I can't believe there's so many adorable little amps available, lol. I think I'm going to get the Vox amPlug, that is frakkin amazing that such a thing exists. Thanks for all the recommendations guys

good call. hard to beat the little sucker for thirty bucks!
...in no way "good" sounding, but did I mention the thirty bucks part?
Quote by michaelscofield
The Vox amPlug is ok. I have the AC30 and the Classic. But I like the Pandora PX4D a lot better. It's a full multifx headphone amp with drum and bass rhythm patterns. The cheapest I've seen it is $110 at abesofmaine.com.
Quote by irnmadn88
And I have used powered computer speakers that use a 1/8" headphone jack with a 1/4" adapter and plugged into the headphone out of an effects processor...

Do this, minus the effects processor. Seriously, a $2 adapter from radio shack and computer speakers is all you need. It won't sound great but you'll hear the guitar.

Also, I would absolutely kill to be able to play around on guitar in my cubicle. Then I wouldn't be on here all day wishing I was playing.

And the guy that suggested the Valve Junior... Are you kidding? Those are LOUD!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I suggest the Roland cube, i love it for bedroom volumes
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Get a Blues Junior.
What is that Orange? It doesn't look like a crush.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you're in the office then you'll want it rather quiet - my vote is for the Smoky amp. You won't even turn a 5watt amp up to half in the office.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by tubetime86
What is that Orange? It doesn't look like a crush.

Microcrush.
Quote by michaelscofield
I take my acoustic to my office regularly to play here and there throughout the day, but I'd like to take the electric sometimes instead, so I'm just looking for a very token baby amp to keep there. I really just want to hear the electric-- yes, that basic a requirement...

Appreciate any recommendations, thanks.

Scofield, why'd you have to die and leave the prison break story with a bitter ending(s) dammit!!

I play in the office with my Vox amplug, the metal version. Sounds quite decent. I'm sure the others one do as well. Plenty bang for your buck. And quite portable for the jammer on the run
Microcrush demo with dying battery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjHcVKtuKY

Dying Battery Simulator:

http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/DBS/

And I have corresponded with a gentleman from that site about combining the DBS and this into one enclosure:

http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/Huminator/index.htm

The DBS/Huminator is going to be my first DIY project because I have a couple pedals that sound better at just under 8V and I have noisy mains...
Last edited by irnmadn88 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by irnmadn88
Tokenest? Hmmm:

Little Smokey Amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8gwnIS0eA

http://www.smokeyamps.com/

And I have used powered computer speakers that use a 1/8" headphone jack with a 1/4" adapter and plugged into the headphone out of an effects processor...

+1

The little smokey is a pretty smooth amp and it can be used as a head

Quote by MetalHead916
Scofield, why'd you have to die and leave the prison break story with a bitter ending(s) dammit!!

You know, I'd only seen up to Season 2 It's all good, though, I figured he was gonna die at the end anyhow

And I just bought the Amplug AC30 variant, but I'm going to take a look at more of these recommendations as now I figure I should also have an actual little amp always here, but the Amplug would be like a substitution if noise is an issue.
Takamine EG341SC
Last edited by michaelscofield at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by michaelscofield
You know, I'd only seen up to Season 2 It's all good, though, I figured he was gonna die at the end anyhow

And I just bought the Amplug AC30 variant, but I'm going to take a look at more of these recommendations as now I figure I should also have an actual little amp always here, but the Amplug would be like a substitution if noise is an issue.

Do you have any positions available?

I'm serious.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by michaelscofield

Wow, now I feel like a total asshole

But true, his death was inevitable. Fox needed to do that to end the program. My bad bro, I figured you finished the season. There is still some mystery left in it though... if you noticed the ending(s) that I spoke of.

You can figure that one out though. I didn't 'till a month after the last season ended...
Last edited by MetalHead916 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by irnmadn88
Tokenest? Hmmm:

Little Smokey Amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8gwnIS0eA

http://www.smokeyamps.com/

this is what i was going to suggest.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by tubetime86
Do you have any positions available?

I'm serious.

yes, but he doesn't want to pay anyone to sit around and post on UG all day

Kidding!