Poll: What do you choose?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you choose?
Life experience (explain why)
45 83%
Innocence/Ignorance (also explain)
9 17%
Voters: 54.
Quit hovering over the link and click it already!
Anyways, this is for probably the older crowd.

I was thinking about this a good while today, would you rather keep the experiences you've had in your life, including the costs, or be blissfully ignorant?

I've talked to a few people on this, and most agree, depending on how you take them, generally the people who've had more bad experiences are genuinely good people by nature, versus the less experienced.

So, would you want experience, all the good and bad experiences, lessons learned, memories created from them, and general life knowledge? This being, your first kiss, seeing a loved one die, your first love, and heartbreak, and all those things in between.

or,

Blissful ignorance, you wouldn't have the experience, but life would still have the youthful luster of childhood, you wouldn't have the bad experiences that weigh on your concious, but you would have the good times either. But, life would still be seen in the great innocent way kids see it.

EDIT: my choice, i choose experience. Yeah, there's been times I wish I could just start over with life and not deal with some things, but that's just it, its life. I'd take my experiences, as crappy as most of them are, you learn from it and become a better and stronger person. Life isn't life unless you experience it.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Last edited by Astorga at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by Astorga
So, would you want experience, all the good and bad experiences, lessons learned, memories created from them, and general life knowledge? This being, your first kiss, seeing a loved one die, your first love, and heartbreak, and all those things in between.

Life, by definition, is those things.

A life without is no life at all.
Experience obviously.

Childhood wonder is great and all,but you can't be a child forever.A human being is the sum of their experiences,and you simply wouldn't be the person you are without them.For better or for worse what we experience in life shapes who we are,and we learn and grow from it.If you take all of that away what are we? How odd would it be to see a grown man who reacted to things in a child-like way because his knowledge on life and society were gone? Exactly,it'd be really f*cking weird.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's still ignorance. I'd rather have my knowledge.

My one greatest fear in life is getting old and having my brain fall apart, losing my whole lifetime's worth of knowledge before finally dying with the brain of a child.
i agree with archangel
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
experience. If to live you have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
I dunno, ive always been on the fence about this. Its more of a punch to the face for me because I started out as the most blissful idealistic child ever and then about the age of 16 or so became the most awareful professional closet cynic there is.

On one side I kinda miss and get nostalgic over the blissful ignorance, but then on the other I remember how stupid it was living like that.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Ignorance may be bliss , but knowledge is power: choose...!!!
Welcomed by those who believed in it. This Sound bitten by a pick. Heard from Heaven to Satan's den will make the Rock roll again.
Emotion gives life colour. I'd rather learn from what happens to me and move on and be strong than just mindlessly waste oxygen.
Quote by archangels666
Life, by definition, is those things.

A life without is no life at all.

btw thats the most insightful thing ive ever read by someone who had 666 in their username
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
I would want the experience one. I think thats the only real way to truly experience life
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I would want to keep my life experiences. Some are bad and I would want to forget them, but I have a lot that are really good memories that I want to remember as long as I can. It's better to learn from your mistakes and successes than just go through life sorta empty headed.
Experience. Even though I'm young, I think of how far I've come in the last few years and it's staggering. I am constantly finding myself more able to make good decisions. I can't imagine going through life making the same mistakes over and over, or being blissfully unaware of any harm caused to others by my actions. A lot can be said for awareness.
experience. im young but i dont want to be the one to grow up an idiot and argue things i dont know anything about
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
I'd like to say experience, but the idea of living in a dreamy happy dream world daze is just too attractive.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I'm going to go with experience on this one.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face
-Zack de la Rocha
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

I would be alot happier not knowing half the sh*t my mom told me about her abusive parents and my very early childhood
I lived in the whole inexperience thing for a while. You don't know how to deal with any kind of conflict at all.

Therefor, experience it is
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Keep my experiences because unless we're escaping total reality here even with ignorance we'll experience more bad things.