Page 1 of 2
I was just suffered a panic attack about a week ago and am still feeling the effects...what can I do to help it...Does any body have experience with it...For me it was by far one of the craziest experiences of my life
it sucks shinysides. its like anthing that's been weighing on your mind causes you to completely lose it and just freak out about it. Incessant crying, overwelming emotion, genral negative feelings, etc.

On topic: i've been there plenty of times dude, you HAVE to talk about it, even if you don't want to, you'll never really understand or get over your problem if you don't.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
try living with panic disorder where you get one at least once a week or every couple days, thats what I have. What kind was yours, the "im going crazy" or "Im gonna die", mine are mostly the going to die ones
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

I have them a couple times a week since returning from Iraq in 2004. They've tried all kinds of drugs, but none seemed to work.

My advice.... sit in a quiet room if possible and just chill. It'll pass. F.I.D.O (f*ck it and drive on)
well i was substance induced...but you basically think you are going to die..and no matter what you do you fall deeper and depper into this like crazy dark energy..then you notice you heart is beating about 5 times its normal speed and assume you are suffering a heart attack or a brain anursimume and are gonna die..i feel like demons are sucking out your soul through floresecent neon bendy straws.
I panic about things I have to do that I haven't done, but I can't say that I've ever had a full-blown clinical attack. I've always wondered what it's like though...
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
what was it like? I've always wondered what a panic attack was like.

I would also like to know.
I have them semi-regularly, brought on by OCD (or so I'm told).
The best thing you can do is breathe slowly (hyperventilating makes things worse). What else you can do depends on what causes them. Mine are usually caused by the feeling that I have too many things to do/think about, so once I'm able to see straight, making a prioritised list usually helps.
Do you know what brought it on? Finding a way to deal with that or a way to rationalise it can help.
Medication is what stopped them for me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
o **** yeah..and now i feel like ive suffered some mental imparment and am going crazy..I feel bad for the once a week guy.
Extreme paranoia, tightness of chest, increased respiratory rate, sweating, sometimes bad headaches. Everyone's a bit different though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that alcohol helps sometimes, but it's risky as sometimes it makes it much worse. In all honesty you should talk to your doctor about it. Xanax helps to take the edge off when it's too bad.
Last edited by Vikingx at Aug 5, 2009,
Quote by batman187
I would also like to know.

hahaha, no you don't.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Your shrink will tell you to figure out what your triggers are and try to reduce them, but it's not always possible. Other than that talking about it with someone will help a great deal... especially if it's with someone who knows what you're going through.

Feel free to contact me anytime. I'm no shrink, but I'm living with it too.
For people who want to Know what one feels like, you have at least two of these symtoms:
-Increased heartbeat
-Naseua
-Feeling of lack of oxygen/ trouble breathing
-Dizziness
-Feeling of your gonna die/ sense of impending doom
-feeling of cracking up or losing it
-sweating
-tightness in the chest and/or forearms
-racing thoughts
and some onther things, I've had PD for about 3 years

Some things to help:
-chew gum(serious, this works, it sounds silly)
-deep breathing through your nose
-relax
-listen to music, or do anything to take your mind off it

Quote by columbianneckti
try living with panic disorder where you get one at least once a week or every couple days, thats what I have. What kind was yours, the "im going crazy" or "Im gonna die", mine are mostly the going to die ones

Same lol...had it for a year and a half now. The "im gonna die" one. I literally called 911 the first couple times until I finally went to the doctor and found out what it was. Its scary as hell. I welcomed death to a panic attack everytime. Until I come down from it and get my rational thinking back that is.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Give us a blow by blow analysis.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Astorga
it sucks shinysides. its like anthing that's been weighing on your mind causes you to completely lose it and just freak out about it. Incessant crying, overwelming emotion, genral negative feelings, etc.

On topic: i've been there plenty of times dude, you HAVE to talk about it, even if you don't want to, you'll never really understand or get over your problem if you don't.

think I can very well be getting a panic attack within the next weeks...
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by columbianneckti

Some things to help:
-chew gum(serious, this works, it sounds silly)

Really? I'll have to try that. Thanks.
Quote by My_Name_Is_Van
Dream Theater FTW

Not really sure what you're getting at here, but OK.
Warminster 'eh? I was in Doylestown for a few years.
Quote by Vikingx
Not really sure what you're getting at here, but OK.
Warminster 'eh? I was in Doylestown for a few years.

They have a song called Panic Attack.
I hate panic attacks..

私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Astorga

This. Also, while you're having one focus really hard on your breathing. Try breathing in for 4 secs. holding it in for 4 secs. and exhaling for 8 secs. Close your eyes and just try to relax. Also, go on walks man, smoke a bowl, beat off, write. Get whatever is inside of you out somehow. I've been there buddy, I used to have them nightly, and due to them I was dependent on MASSIVE quantities of OTC medication to try to get to sleep, don't do that. Which brings me to something else. Try taking some Valerian root about 2.5 - 3 hours before bed, or melatonin tablets as well.
I used to have really bad panic attacks but my doctor put me on buspirone and its helped control them alot, although i still get them from time to time
I've had only one, and I must say it is terrible.

I dunno what caused it, but it was like the climax of a 1 week anxiety thing.

This one week I was scared of almost everything. I didn't know why it was happening, I was always thinking about my breathing, and I would feel I wasn't breathing right and stuff.

I remember eventually being outside with my dog, just standing there out of misery wondering why all this was happening, and just hoping it would be gone soon, I didn't know what to do, I thought it was permanent then. It was either the day before or after that when I had a panic attack.

It might have been partly my fault since I was so anxious on why I was anxious I looked some stuff up and found panic attacks, which might have partly caused it.

At first it was normal, I remember thinking about my breathing then getting a funny feeling in my stomach. It freaked me out and I ran into my room. I thought about it more, and every kept on leading up making things worse. Eventually I just remember shaking,being scared out of my mind, thinking I was dying for some reason, my breathing was very shallow, and I didn't know what to do.

I got a piece of gum, and somehow it helped a little.

I was also cold so I went outside with a blanket on my hammock with my dog and just sat/layed there. It seemed to work and stop the symptoms, but like 15 minutes later, I went inside and I got scared again, I have no idea why. SO I stayed outside a little longer, and eventually it wore off.

I don't know why it happened, or what the **** was up with that week, but it was sure freaky.
Quote by columbianneckti

Been there. Try alcohol withdrawal during some pretty harsh uncertain times. Although I just got incredibly good at avoiding them. I've had few in my life as I know when they start and I know how to avoid them. If you can figure that out for yourself, it's never a problem.

EDIT:

I thought a number of us may like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYDcAsahXY
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 5, 2009,
smoke a bowl?!?!
I smoked for like almost 20 years one day and had to give it up. It actually compounded the problem.

Quitting smoking is like having a friend die..... I miss it terribly and think about it everyday.
Craigo, I cant drink cause I take lexapro and xanex for my panic attacks

All you can do during them is just relax as much as possible.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by columbianneckti

I didn't like lexapro. Is it working for you?
well, i learned very quickly.
that mixíng different pain-killers and sleep-inducers together is not the wise thing.
that was a really bad experience..
but heres some advice, music that you are used to. food. friends that can help you calm down.
and if you were taking a drug and its not too late, you can make yourself puke it up. that might help...
Quote by columbianneckti

I didn't suggest it. Alcohol makes it worse. I had alcohol withdrawal which was a big reason why I had them so often.

The only medication I've taken was partially with recreation, and that was valium.
Quote by oxymorcide
well, i learned very quickly.
that mixíng different pain-killers and sleep-inducers together is not the wise thing.
that was a really bad experience..
but heres some advice, music that you are used to. food. friends that can help you calm down.
and if you were taking a drug and its not too late, you can make yourself puke it up. that might help...

Moral of the story is don't be a junkie.
It's way too easy to pop 4 extra xanax when they're prescribed to you, but it won't help your overall situation.
I've had 2. One was when I kept getting pains in my chest and I wanted to go to the hospital, but nobody was home to drive me and nobody was answering their phone. I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack and die. My chest hurt so much, my heart was beating a mile a minute, I felt like screaming and crying and throwing **** at the same time. It was horrible. Another time doesn't really count cause I had smoked weed beforehand, and my thoughts started racing. I started thinking about random **** and I really started to freak myself out, but before it got too bad I just told myself to relax and that I wasn't gonna die and everything would be fine, and I was good. I think if you have a strong mind, you can talk yourself out of one. The mind is very powerful.
Quote by Vikingx
I didn't like lexapro. Is it working for you?

yeah pretty much, but I take a high dosage, Paxil was working better but gave me suicidal thoughts.

To Craigo:
Sorry man, didn't understand you on account of reading creepypasta also,lol

Quote by Vikingx
Moral of the story is don't be a junkie.
It's way too easy to pop 4 extra xanax when they're prescribed to you, but it won't help your overall situation.

yeah..
also, a quick fap can calm you down.
Page 1 of 2