Page 1 of 2
okay so me and my friends are musicians. metal musicians to be specific. we have been making music for over a year together but are going nowere without a backbone. there are NO drummers we know in town that like the metal we like (black, death, folk, whatever). what are some advertising techniques that you guys have used to find musicians for specific genres? all the drummers here play gay ass screamo **** and are in bands already because people are desparate and that **** is easy to play on drums
Ya drummers are hard to come by, i know. I'd say look/post on craigslist in your town and surrounding area, and Guitar Center usually has a little board for Musician Ads where you can put up a little flyer.
Bandleading forum nigga, check it out... also that's where this thread should go.

EDIT: Also, Welcome to UG
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by BCrichxshredder
okay so me and my friends are musicians. metal musicians to be specific. we have been making music for over a year together but are going nowere without a backbone. there are NO drummers we know in town that like the metal we like (black, death, folk, whatever). what are some advertising techniques that you guys have used to find musicians for specific genres? all the drummers here play gay ass screamo **** and are in bands already because people are desparate and that **** is easy to play on drums

icwutudidthar
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Folk Metal! WOOO!
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by itchy guitar
icwutudidthar

I don't
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I would look on the bandleading or Musician Ads forum.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by JayT44

I don't

I was implying(Or rather, TS did) that drummers aren't musicians.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
Ya drummers are hard to come by, i know. I'd say look/post on craigslist in your town and surrounding area, and Guitar Center usually has a little board for Musician Ads where you can put up a little flyer.

yeah im cool with the local music store owners so ill call them up tomorrow or something and see if we cant work something out. i live about 30-40 mins away from a huge sam ash so maybe they wil let me post some stuff up. were all between the ages of 15 and 17 so idk how effective samash would be (im 17, other guitarist is almost 17, bassist/keyboardist is 15 lol)
Quote by BCrichxshredder
lololol you live in new zeland

sorry

lololol Your grammar fails
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by BCrichxshredder

Have you formed a paradox?

Seems so.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by BCrichxshredder
lololol. You live in New Zealand.

sorry

Fixed your grammar
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by TunerAddict
Have you formed a paradox?

Seems so.

jesus christ what is this 4chan? i joined this site because i come to it for tabs all the time and its populated with alot of musicians which i think is cool but amp up the maturity will ya?
Make a drummer.
Really, it may take some time for him/her to catch up, but its a lot easier then finding one, and it can be one of your friends, if you think they can handle it and such.
Quote by Mudmen190
Make a drummer.
Really, it may take some time for him/her to catch up, but its a lot easier then finding one, and it can be one of your friends, if you think they can handle it and such.

i play fairly well but i dont have a set and id like someone who can play technically
Quote by MH400
Drum machine.

Drum machines are no replacement for a real drummer goddamn it.
Your idea of screamo probably isn't right. You probably don't know much about screamo, cuz you probably don't like, since you called it gay ass...

You're probably thinking of harcore or metalcore. In which case, I'm sure you would be able to find a suitable drummer.
Quote by Matt Doreen
Your idea of screamo probably isn't right. You probably don't know much about screamo, cuz you probably don't like, since you called it gay ass...

You're probably thinking of harcore or metalcore. In which case, I'm sure you would be able to find a suitable drummer.

look i used to listen to silverstein and underoth and all that **** but just got tired of it. to each their own i guess you know? but im just into metal and some other genres now that i find tanlented and non repetitive.
Quote by BCrichxshredder
jesus christ what is this 4chan? i joined this site because i come to it for tabs all the time and its populated with alot of musicians which i think is cool but amp up the maturity will ya?

So you can criticize musical genres, but others cannot?

You seem to have set a double standard...

A standard I shall not stand for!

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

then get out of my thread? its not y fault i dont like a certian musical style anymore. all im sayin is that screamo drumming is easy as hell in central flrida screamo bands. i mean there all the same around ere so its not much of a challenge for procussionists. i want ot make unique music.
Quote by TunerAddict

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

Amen to that!
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Same dilemma here. We're good, too. But there's no drummers. There's this one good punk drummer who would be perfect, but he's thirty years old and has no desire to play with our ****ty little teenage punk band. Best resort: Get a drum machine.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
Last edited by Frank Fury at Aug 6, 2009,
In my honest opinion, I think that you, TS, should maybe have stated your predicament in such a fashion that was less critical to said genre of music. "Gay ass" is not particularly a nice way to get your point across, ergo, people probably aren't helping you as much as they could. Also, you posted in the Pit. If I were you, I would have posted in the Musician's Forum, they have a specific board for advertising, i.e. looking for drummer (insert area here). But really, drummers (I've found, or rather havent), are difficult to come by these days.

On a helping note, flyers. Stick flyers everywhere. Even in hardware stores, little shops, that kind of thing.

Good luck, and good day to you sir.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by BCrichxshredder

No, this is the pit. What is a musician? They all were raped back in 'Nam.

edit: No one's helping you because you defamed an entire genre of music purely based on personal opinion. What if I don't like death/folk metal? Does that mean it's gay ass? Absolutely not. Grow up.
Do NOT look behind you.
Last edited by c_man471 at Aug 6, 2009,
I'm a drummer!

Idk, but it gets annoying running into people who only know how to "blast beat" or ridiculously use double bass...especially when they don't have any idea that there is more to drumming then just playing fast.

You might want one with a little variety...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Last edited by soXlittleXtimeX at Aug 6, 2009,
+1 to dawginator..

I would definitely just say that you're looking for a metal drummer; if the drummer was into screamo stuff, and is decent, it shouldn't be that hard to get them to do what you're playing, but be nice about it man

I'm 15 and in a band that just lost a drummer, and finding one's tough. We found one that lives 50 minutes away that is apparently good that we're trying out tomorrow..

Good luck dude
Quote by c_man471
No one's helping you because you defamed an entire genre of music purely based on personal opinion. What if I don't like death/folk metal? Does that mean it's gay ass? Absolutely not. Grow up.

This.

+1 to dawginator.. I would definitely just say that you're looking for a metal drummer; if the drummer was into screamo stuff, and is decent, it shouldn't be that hard to get them to do what you're playing, but be nice about it man

This too.

See what I mean? Keep your mind open, just make a bit more effort and try and find someone that is open to playing new stuff.

Yes I bolded my name on purpose.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
*notices user title*

Well I'm glad I wasn't in the midst of the arguement..... Last time I was in an arguement like this, afterwards the poor fellow made a thread on how to delete his account That was a proud day for me on UG
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
+1 to your user title.

It annoys the hell out of me.

Actually, ignorant people in general annoy the hell out of me.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
yeah iv been using drum machines the whole time weve been working together. also i split an 18 pack with my guitarist so im just being honest with you guys. i dont like screamo ****. i just dont. nothing will change that. iv already passed through that phase yu know? quit being judgemental people. i love metal and if im gunna be in a band id prefer playing it. people are all different and we all mustaccept that
I don't want to sound as though i am flaming you as thats not really my thing (you know what they say about internet arguments and special olympics...), but *good* drummers are hard enough to come by at the moment without segregating what genre they play, true, some drummers will find it difficult to play in a band that is the polar opposite of what they are strong in, but this "screamo gay ass ****" is not a million miles apart from your tr00 metal, plus, you should be looking for an original drummer, not Lars Ulrich so that you can make make a band that sounds almost exactly like Metallica, but with everything is tuned down a step.

TL;DR-Open your mind, ts.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by BCrichxshredder
then get out of my thread? its not y fault i dont like a certian musical style anymore. all im sayin is that screamo drumming is easy as hell in central flrida screamo bands. i mean there all the same around ere so its not much of a challenge for procussionists. i want ot make unique music.

How about get out of our forum?

You're an August 09er, therefore you've been here for a week at most.

If you don't like it, then leave. You have no right to tell us to leave your thread.
RIP Tom Searle.
drummers usually hang around real musicians so any studio should have some kicking about-

another good way is to order pizza. 99.9% of drummers are pizza delivery boys.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by donender
I don't want to sound as though i am flaming you as thats not really my thing (you know what they say about internet arguments and special olympics...), but *good* drummers are hard enough to come by at the moment without segregating what genre they play, true, some drummers will find it difficult to play in a band that is the polar opposite of what they are strong in, but this "screamo gay ass ****" is not a million miles apart from your tr00 metal, plus, you should be looking for an original drummer, not Lars Ulrich so that you can make make a band that sounds almost exactly like Metallica, but with everything is tuned down a step.

TL;DR-Open your mind, ts.

nah bro im not looking for a mettalica sound. im drunk man. i drank 9 beers and two shots of tequila and im just ahving a hard time following this thread that i posted sober. i forgot im talking to people that dont like mtal here. im used to being with my metalhead friends and ****. i just want to connect with you guys as musicians. its not like metal is the only music i listen to. i just like to play it the most
Page 1 of 2