Page 1 of 6
Ok I'll preface this by saying yes, this is a bash thread, but we have one for TDWP, so this should be allowed. Keep it under control, keep your anger aimed at the bands, not the one or two fans of these bands that are inevitably going to show up.

But yea. This rap/pop/metalcore/"crunkcore" shit is starting to get ridiculous.

Use this thread to discuss how awful it is.
Examples of what I mean:
http://www.myspace.com/bloodonthedancefloor
http://www.myspace.com/brokencyde
http://www.myspace.com/millionaires
http://www.myspace.com/killparadise

Some of the bands are more "hardcore" than others, some are almost pure electro/pop, but they're all utter crap.
Absolutely horrible. Not sure where kids crossover in to this but they should be discouraged to the max.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
rap should never infiltrate metal... good rhythm in lyrics should, but that doesn't qualify it as rap.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Super gay

I'd fuck The Millionaires though. They seem easy.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by GNiCk89
Super gay

I'd fuck The Millionaires though. They seem easy.

I was thinking that when I first heard them. We'd have to find a way to keep them from talking though. They seem like they could be quite obnoxious.
Quote by Anvil pants
all of these bands suck
it's so sad that they are on warped tour and getting attention and stuff

This is where we all realise how fawked the world really is.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
Quote by saxaxe

I was thinking that when I first heard them. We'd have to find a way to keep them from talking though. They seem like they could be quite obnoxious.

Especially that chick Dani

Then again, I know much more attractive/non slutty looking girls that I can actually listen to for more than 5 minutes so the Millionaires girls aren't worth it.
I once was told that you should only read books that are really good, or incredibly bad.

If the same applies to music, I think we can agree it's okay to listen to this, since they definitely fall in one of those two categories.
The girls in Millionares look atrocious. I won't even bother looking at the rest of the links. That being said, I see little constructive purpose in this thread.
Quote by saxaxe

I would have sex with all this white women.

Anyway, I don't get it. It's just electro pop and every now and again, one of the "band members" will scream. It's not core in the slightest, in any shape or form. I understand the hate, I don't get the classification.
Quote by Magero
I would have sex with all this white women.

Anyway, I don't get it. It's just electro pop and every now and again, one of the "band members" will scream. It's not core in the slightest, in any shape or form. I understand the hate, I don't get the classification.

Do you think anyone with musical taste so bad as to listen to this have enough musical intelligence to know what -core music is?

Out of those four, Kill Paradise didn't seem that bad. Certainly not something I'd normally listen to but it wasn't downright terrible like those other three were.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Last edited by deathnote29 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
oh no people have different opinions!

yeah, different, horrible opinions. this genre is complete ****. anyone who thinks its good is out of their mind. i dont care who tries to stick up for peoples opinions in this case. this **** is bad no matter what

and for the record, none of the girls in millionaires are even attractive. i always hear dudes talkin about how hot they are, and i don't see it. the one girl.. maybe.. the other two just look like fat sluts. if they were hot i'd probably let them slide a little bit.

oh, and the fact that they make their beats from loops in garage bands. wow. if anyone defends that then you are definitely a moron, because any retarded fat drunk slut can make that ****.
One of my friends once told me she liked some obscure bands. I asked which ones and she said Brokencyde. Needless to say, I lold.
You do know that bands like this thrive on negative attention?
By starting this thread, you've created at least a dozen fans who will "check this band out because they suck". Yeah, and they're going to check them out the next day, and the day after.
Millionaires are hot though.
So, there's people out there, just waiting to hear what bands us elitists hate, so they can run out and buy their CD and merch?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
what's wrong with you dudes?
this stuff is br00tal.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by STABxYOU
So, there's people out there, just waiting to hear what bands us elitists hate, so they can run out and buy their CD and merch?

No, but when 30,000 people go "ZOMG, THIS BAND SUCKS", it's likely that 60,000 people will turn around and go "Man, I've never heard this band, I should probably check them out to see for myself." And that is how these bands thrive. Negative attention turns into positives, because for every 5 people who hate the band, 1 of the people they show will like it.
Attack Attack! proved this. I love them, and I found them through people hating them.
I hate to say things like that but ... Damn this **** really suck!

Honestly, theres a difference between Bad and **** and those guys are Definitly in the '**** and Diharea ' Section.

Brokencyde have absolutly NO talent. ****ty FL Studio beat, Weak ass scream, Talentless vocalist.

I swear to god i could just start to dress like them + make horrible music and become famous. If its REALLY that easy then this **** is sad.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Last edited by Hcmanu at Aug 6, 2009,
millionares are fuck ugly.

Theres one that isn't bad, but I'd probably need to be hammered
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
Last edited by Killcount at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by STABxYOU

No, but the only way I hear about these bands is from people on the internet bashing them. After a curiosity listen, I realize these bands aren't very good, but it could of easily went the other way, and I could of liked them. Do you honestly think people would care about a band like BrokenCYDE if they weren't know as the worst band on the internet?

On second though, Millionaires are probably a no-no
i just went on yourscenesucks.com because we were talking about hipsters in the metal forum, they added a crunkcore kid

just when you think things couldn’t get much worse than electro-ska, black polka metal, or christian punk, the crunkcore scene comes along and makes everything else look perfectly acceptable.

the crunkcore movement is one that seems to be a brilliant marketing strategy by some sort of modern day lou pearlman who learned to tap into the brain of misguided emo kids who don’t know where to turn. there is no way such a genre would evolve organically, someone had to have made a conscious marketing decision to create one of the worst crossover genres of all time and throw it on myspace to see what happens.

to sum up the stylings of crunkcore, it is a horrific combination of two genres that were bastardized and declared dead several years ago, crunk and screamo, only now with overtly sexual lyrics directed at 7th grade girls. with that said, you can use the following recipe to create your own crunkcore band…

2 ¼ cups t-pain vocoder
4 tablespoons of angst ridden white teenagers
2 sticks of bowel inducing screams
3 teaspoons of shuttershades
2 cups fake bling from vending machines
12 cups of lyrics that would give brian peppers douche chills
205,809 myspace friends

somewhere on the back of the miley cyrus tour bus the guys in metro station are thanking their lucky stars that bands like brokencyde came along. the crunkcore wave is to dance pop what 9/11 was to gary condit and his missing intern.

i’ll leave you with this…
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
Quote by Cianyx
Remove the vocals and it would be tolerable

No, no and no.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Combining the genre title and how it actually sounds, it sounds to me like someone tried to copy Blood Stain Child but somehow ended up throwing Madonna, Snoop Dogg, Lil John and 80's synthpop in the mix =/ I'd probably rather be bored than go to a concert where a white boi is going like 'FO SHIZZLE NIZZLE'

EDIT: The MOMENT I hear a scared little white boy saying 'I'M A THUG NIGGA' I'll probably roll on the floor, crying and laughing at the same time

EDIT 2: Just imagine what the Ganga's must think of those white guys invading their territory (or attempting to )
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 6, 2009,