Page 1 of 2
Ok my goal is to not eat processed foods or foods with preservatives for a month.

I have an outline of what I want to eat instead but I need help. What do I avoid and whats good?

I want to keep eating meat, but can I eat meat from my grocery store. There's a decent meat shop called M&M's, but I'm not sure how processed their food is. They sell a lot of decent products compared to grocery store, but I'm still not convinced on the processness of it. There aren't any butchers in the area I know of, so it might be my only choice.

Other than that I plan on eating a lot of pasta, cereal (I am only allowing processed cereal, but I am going to eat Oatmeal Crisp), fruits/vegetables, salads etc.

But are all toppings really processed? Because I can't imagine salads without zesty italian haha.

Also which sugar do I use as I will clearly need to have sugar.

Also what should I drink? Juice from concentrate is processed, so am I stuck with milk and water?

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Ok my goal is to not eat processed foods or foods with preservatives for a month.

Why?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Olive oil + Vinegar > Zesty Italian
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by dustyboy316

Also what should I drink? Juice from concentrate is processed, so am I stuck with milk and water?

Dude, pure orange juice. Nothing better than that.
eat lots of organic stuff. you can get organic dressings and juices that aren't processed/are much less processed. just be aware that they are quite a lot more expensive.
Quote by JayT44
Why?

Well, I seem to have stomach problems when I wake up. I wanna see if this will change anything.

Also I just want to be generally healthier, see how it feels.

Also I want to just test my will, and see if I can do this... It's basically my version of becoming a vegetarian (as I will NEVER give up on meat)
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by metallifan3091
eat lots of organic stuff. you can get organic dressings and juices that aren't processed/are much less processed. just be aware that they are quite a lot more expensive.

Yah money wont be a problem.

The weird thing is I only like one brand of Zesty Italian and am very picky with other dressings, so I might have to make an exception.

Also for pizza, would ordered pizza be "processed". I know frozen pizzas I wont eat, but I don't want to have to make my own, but I will if I have to.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

focus on stuff that's either certified organic or certified kosher, if you find a place that sells kosher meat that would be a pretty good assurance that it hasn't been overly processed.

Quote by dustyboy316

Also for pizza, would ordered pizza be "processed". I know frozen pizzas I wont eat, but I don't want to have to make my own, but I will if I have to.

depends on where it's ordered from, there are places around here that sell certified organic only pizza, but any chain and most lower end local places will at the least use processed meat and likely cheese and crusts that have been loaded with preservatives.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 6, 2009,
- Try to eat as little corn-derived products as possible. So many things come out of processing corn, it's not even funny. For example, "Xanthan gum" is a corn product. Learn what the ingredients on the food labels mean.
- Don't buy stuff with hydrogenated oils. Bad.
- Don't buy fatty, salty, or sweet things.
- Don't eat fast food.
- Try to avoid fried or deep-fried things. Steamed stuff is better for you.

These are just the obvious things that everyone knows and most don't follow. Just keep yourself disciplined.

Good luck.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by dustyboy316
Yah money wont be a problem.

The weird thing is I only like one brand of Zesty Italian and am very picky with other dressings, so I might have to make an exception.

Yes... they are. Or at least the ingredients are.
Quote by Vikingx
Silly boy... you'll be craving Twinkies by the end of next week.

I dunno, I don't eat junk food like that. I mostly will miss pop, chips, cookies and thats about it.

Oh also is like a block of cheese considered processed?

And what alternatives are there for tortilla chips? Nachos and Cheese is my super quick meal that always helps me out haha
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

The stomach problems might be eating lots of white bread if you do eat it. I remember I used to have lots of stomach aches when i used to eat alot of white bread but I feel alot better now that i've cut down on it.
Quote by dustyboy316
Also I want to just test my will, and see if I can do this...

Quote by dustyboy316

loser
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player

Tasty,ain't it?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by darkstar2466
- Try to eat as little corn-derived products as possible. So many things come out of processing corn, it's not even funny. For example, "Xanthan gum" is a corn product. Learn what the ingredients on the food labels mean.
- Don't buy stuff with hydrogenated oils. Bad.
- Don't buy fatty, salty, or sweet things.
- Don't eat fast food.
- Try to avoid fried or deep-fried things. Steamed stuff is better for you.

These are just the obvious things that everyone knows and most don't follow. Just keep yourself disciplined.

Good luck.

Thanks man. I am going to be buying a lot of corn on the cob as its corn season (which is one main reason Im doing it now), but it's from a grower down the road. Also is salt "processed"?

I know basically nothing on the topic, so I want to kinda make a meal chart for myself with some of this info.

Thanks so far everyone.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Foods with "chemicals and preservatives" are not worse for your health than say organic foods. Organic foods have never been shown to be better for your health than normal foods.

edit: Processed meats I don't know about, but if you are trying to lose weight your going to have to have a really strong will power and eat/exercise the way you know you should. Losing weight and just generally being a healthier human is not as hard as it seems.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Last edited by Havok19 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by NewsoftheWorld

Tasty,ain't it?

Had a Junior Chicken from Mcdonals past 2 days... I know have the ****s and I'm positive it's related. One more reason to do this...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
focus on stuff that's either certified organic or certified kosher, if you find a place that sells kosher meat that would be a pretty good assurance that it hasn't been overly processed.

depends on where it's ordered from, there are places around here that sell certified organic only pizza, but any chain and most lower end local places will at the least use processed meat and likely cheese and crusts that have been loaded with preservatives.

i find that my kosher foods always burn up in my oven.
Anyone else?

***** sorry if that offended anyone, I honestly didn't mean it, it was just too good to pass up****

Feel free to slander me with Irish, or old man jokes.
Quote by Marblesss
The stomach problems might be eating lots of white bread if you do eat it. I remember I used to have lots of stomach aches when i used to eat alot of white bread but I feel alot better now that i've cut down on it.

No we always have brown bread. It isnt as bad as it used to be, but whenever I wake up it hurts. I mainly believe its jsut because I have an insanely fast metabolism and get hungry and get pangs throughout the night.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Latest research states that organic is no better for you that standard food, just for the record.
Why?! Just eat man. Put food in your body.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by JackalUK
Latest research states that organic is no better for you that standard food, just for the record.

Yup, it's not really the point. I just want to see if it has any impacts on my body.

See how I react... kinda like an experiment.

Now that I say this, I might write up a journal or something and put it out just to give some people an idea of what to expect who try something like this.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by JackalUK

I read that too.
Quote by dustyboy316
Had a Junior Chicken from Mcdonals past 2 days... I know have the ****s and I'm positive it's related. One more reason to do this...

I understood nothing after "days".HOW DARE YOU COMPARE A DOUBLE DOUBLE TO A CHICKEN SHIIIIITTE FROM MCDONALDS???!!!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by RocksAwakening5
Why?! Just eat man. Put food in your body.

Oh I will be eating plenty and I already do. I honestly dont stop eating all day. It's crazy. People think I'm insane when on a 15 minute break I eat 2 yogurts, 2 cheese strings, an apple, a banana and a thing of peaches and I'm still hungry... Then I have a fat lunch... still hungry...

My metabolism is insane, I havent gone past 150 in my life no matter how pooorly I eat, so now I just want to see the positive impacts of eating better will have.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316
Thanks man. I am going to be buying a lot of corn on the cob as its corn season (which is one main reason Im doing it now), but it's from a grower down the road. Also is salt "processed"?

I know basically nothing on the topic, so I want to kinda make a meal chart for myself with some of this info.

Thanks so far everyone.

- I use Norton salt, but I cook most of my meals and use salt to give it a little taste, but never overwhelm the taste of whatever I'm cooking.

- You might want to consider going to a bookstore and getting a cookbook with healthy recipes that you can make at home. Cooking at home and eating a healthy meal will usually cost you under $5 a meal and you can be assured that you are not eating crap.

- Don't buy chips and cookies and stuff for snacks. Eat fruits. They are tastier and more awesome than any man-made snack. I like to take a bag of baby carrots for snacking on, when I go to school for the whole day.

- Don't drink more than a cup of coffee a day. More than a cup of coffee can lead to serious gastrointestinal disorders.

- Don't drink soda or "juice" that comes from concentrate or isn't real fruit juice.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Stomach problems? See your doc. End of.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I understood nothing after "days".HOW DARE YOU COMPARE A DOUBLE DOUBLE TO A CHICKEN SHIIIIITTE FROM MCDONALDS???!!!

I have the runs cause of Mcdonals is what Im trying to say. I work at Wal Mart (summer job...) and eat Mcdonals every lunch... 2 junior chickens and fries every day...

I just don't want to eat random meats, I want to know where my food is coming from and know it's nutritious also.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

How old are you? If your still in your mid teens you will find yourself struggling to eat tons and stay slim in a few years :P
what?! no fried chicken? i would cry forever...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by dustyboy316
I have the runs cause of Mcdonals is what Im trying to say. I work at Wal Mart (summer job...) and eat Mcdonals every lunch... 2 junior chickens and fries every day...

I just don't want to eat random meats, I want to know where my food is coming from and know it's nutritious also.

What do you expect... lol
Quote by Andragon
Stomach problems? See your doc. End of.

I did awhile ago and they referred me to a doc for a colonoscopy... I'm not doing that, I would rather wait until the problem is serious. But it's been going on for a year at least, so I think it's just what I eat.

I thought it was tapeworm before, because I could eat non stop and still be hungry, but something would have changed by now...

Thanks Darkstar. My plan is to make a lot of a meal at once and freeze it and cook it a few times. I might just make a dinner the first week each day, enough for the month and freeze it.

Im going to make my own cookies I think. I have to buy fresh bread which will be a bitch... but it's so good anyways.

I like to eat fruits/veggies anyways so it will be good. Ill be muching on lots of berries, apples, bananas and such for awhile. My main snack will be those dried apricots, I love those things.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by JackalUK
How old are you? If your still in your mid teens you will find yourself struggling to eat tons and stay slim in a few years :P

I turned 21 the other day.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316

Sweet lawdy,no wonder you're having problems. Have you not seen Super Size Me??

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Eat nothing but McDonalds.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Sweet lawdy,no wonder you're having problems. Have you not seen Super Size Me??

No the problems were before this. The Mcdonals actually sits pretty good in my stomach, until now. I was thinkin of doing this before, it was just more of a reason.

I cant gain weight eating straight Mcdonals if I tried....
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

what the HELL is your definition of processed food? how can ittalian dressing be processed no matter how it is made,

please explain
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
and after reading a few posts, just think before you eat,. if you want to eat healthy and you look at something and go "hmmmmm should i eaat this if i am trying to think healthy?" 98% chance you shouldnt eat that
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Page 1 of 2