Page 1 of 2
May seem like a weird question. I've tried growing my hair out before with the thought of getting some sweet hair like

Instead I get

My hair seems to grow more thick than long if it makes sense, and I just end up with old school mop top. What can I do to grow actual long hair instead of the mop top?
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
Last edited by mwhan2209 at Aug 6, 2009,
just let it keep growing, that's really all there is to it, it usually takes a year or more.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
there is what i like to call, the **** stage. where your hair isnt quite long enough to be long hair, but too long to be tidy.
got wait it out.
Um....Just don't get a haircut...
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by stephen_rettie
there is what i like to call, the **** stage. where your hair isnt quite long enough to be long hair, but too long to be tidy.
got wait it out.

i was about to say the exact same thing

the dreaded **** stage lol
Rice apparently helps your hair grow quicker so just let it grow and eat plenty of rice and lots of fibre.
Quote by Tom_Servo
Don't cut it.

Quote by afromonkeyR0X
Um....Just don't get a haircut...

Genius' I say!

unless of course that is all you really can do and eventually mop top would turn into long hair...then thank you for the simple honesty lol
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
my hair is the result of one year of no haircuts... you have to wait a while... past the **** stage

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Why must all 'rockers' have long hair? Screw that, I'm performing with a geeky comb-over and glasses.

But yeah, when it gets longer, gravity will kick in.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
My hair is the result of two and a half years of no haircuts.

Just don't cut it.

At all, except maybe trimming split ends.
i clicked for extreme lulz, but i just got taken to the forums?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Unourrit01
why do you want long hair? it makes everything uncomfortable.

everytime I get a haircut I become extremely uncomfortable....? I guess I'm just used to having long hair. Having shorter hair makes me feel really strange.
Quote by 13X

At all, except maybe trimming split ends.

This, I can't emphasise it enough. I didn't cut my hair for 2 years, and I brushed it way too much. Now half of my hair is all ratty and it SUCKS. I either have to be patient, take reaaaallly good care of it and let it grow out, or cut half my hair off.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
**** wait, everythings black, i wanna go back, im confused now!!! HOW DO I CHANGE THE UG LAYOUT!!!???

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Don't cut it.

You will go through horrible stages... such as the mullet stage. But eventually you will have long flowing locks.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
you are getting stuck in that horrible middle. being someone who went through the stage of having long hair, i can tell you, the middle stage is the absolute worst. its not long enough to look cool, not short enough to look cool, and often at a point where no possible style can be achieved from it so you just look like a tosser... you must push through this. going for "haircuts" every so often will speed this process up a bit. by haircut i mean a TINY trim, like taking off a quarter of an inch once every 2 weeks or so.
Make sure you condition it every so often (4days for me) and wash it daily if itgets really greasy
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by stephen_rettie
got wait it out.

This.

Get it thinned out at least every 4 weeks
RIP Tom Searle.
Step 1: Grow hair

(I used to have really long hair, it sucks.)
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
I was in the same position as you and no matter how long I had it growing, it never just 'dropped' it just got poofy, so... I got it thinned out one time, and now it's dropping like it should have ages ago. So, I'd say, get it thinned out and make sure you tie it back when you sleep.
Quote by DeusExMachina90
Congrats on the dumbest thread title in the history of ever.

Err... what's wrong with it, if you don't mind me asking?
don't listen to everyone saying "don't cut it".
trim and thin it every month or so, just cut it about a centimetre, it'll grow faster.
like when your nails don't grow much, then you cut them, and they grow back. or when you shave. trimming will stimulate growth, and thinning will keep it from being thick.
Quote by funkyducky
don't listen to everyone saying "don't cut it".
trim and thin it every month or so, just cut it about a centimetre, it'll grow faster.
like when your nails don't grow much, then you cut them, and they grow back. or when you shave. trimming will stimulate growth, and thinning will keep it from being thick.

no it won't the only thing that it will do is reduce split ends.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Z0S07657
Rice apparently helps your hair grow quicker so just let it grow and eat plenty of rice and lots of fibre.

???????????? But chinese people arnt usually hairy

Get yourself an inverse mohawk. Shave it down the middle and spike it up on the sides.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Last edited by Jacek.W at Aug 6, 2009,
Nah, don't grow it, get it shaved down to a two back and sides, then cut short on top, it's a very versatile haircut. You can look badass metal, hardlad chav, mild punk, skinhead, whatever
Quote by SPBY
**** wait, everythings black, i wanna go back, im confused now!!! HOW DO I CHANGE THE UG LAYOUT!!!???

And this has to do with the thread because....? Anyway just scroll down all the way and on the bottom right there will be a drop down bar. Just select the right option.

Anyway, can't say growing out long hair like that is my style but if you really want that style:

The reason why you might have that "mop" problem is because your hair is too thick. So DONT GET CUT but get it THINNED.
Quote by Jacek.W
Get yourself an inverse mohawk. Shave it down the middle and spike it up on the sides.

Mr Bean
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
john lennon ftw.

just let it get longer.. like the front past your nose. then go to a haristyle place you think youd trust and say "im letting it grow out"

frame and layer it.

sister and mum cosmetologists ftw
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Page 1 of 2