All the videos on youtube sound radically different from each other, so I thought i'd ask here. Does the head sound almost generic in real life? Is there an abnormal amount of bass?

Some videos sound super raw, others sound like a solid state.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Daniele is probably using one here, there are a lot of amps there but that ones in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJU4wMFvdk
its the best sounding amp i have played through (in my opinion). its tight and has heaps of clarity but its still got plenty of thump and balls. It seems to have the perfect balance of that in a high gain situation. you cant really ask for more than it provides given that you play metal/shred.

its also pretty versitile even though it does metal best.

and no there is not an abnormal amount of bass. leaning towards the dark/brown side it has less bass than i use on my jcm 900. the kind of bass it has is much tighter with a quicker, stronger attack.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by no_thing101
its the best sounding amp i have played through (in my opinion). its tight and has heaps of clarity but its still got plenty of thump and balls. It seems to have the perfect balance of that in a high gain situation. you cant really ask for more than it provides given that you play metal/shred.

its also pretty versitile even though it does metal best.

and no there is not an abnormal amount of bass. leaning towards the dark/brown side it has less bass than i use on my jcm 900. the kind of bass it has is much tighter with a quicker, stronger attack.

^This pretty much sums it up!
I played one side by side with a 5150 III & Orange Rockerverb 100, & the Uber had close to the best metal tone I've ever heard. I wouldn't say it's too bassy at all, although it is fully capable of doing CPR-like chest compressions on you if you stand in front of it . The only reason I didn't buy the Uber is that I already own a Soldano SLO 100, & I'd never even heard of the Uberschall when I bought the SLO, or I probably would've bought the Uber. The SLO is very unforgiving of sloppy technique, because it's probably the best articulating metal amp available. The Uber articulates very well, but is considerably less fussy & sensitive. I've considered selling the SLO & getting an Uber many times, but I just can't part with it, mostly because it's purple !
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
its actually a really great amp. One thing it really doesn't get credit for is the cleans on it, which are real nice.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
guess I'll be the dissenting opinion. I liked the amp a lot, but there were a few things that bothered me about the rev blue I had. The lowend is huge, but pretty round and can get muddy really easy if you're not careful. I never went over 10:00-11:00, and it was still enormous. Worked nice with a boost, but unboosted it didn't have the definition or percussive lowend I personally like for fast metal riffs, kind of a thud instead of a crisp attack. The presence acts partially like a mid voicing control, so you have to bring it up pretty high to get the midrange to cut, and it can get a little harsh if you're not careful. The cleans on it were pretty mediocre IMO, and it was difficult to match volume levels depending where your lead channel was set. I thought the Rev 2 was the better recording amp, but the Rev blue was tweaked to work a bit better in live applications. The new Twin Jet Uber has seemed to address a lot of these issues however, as they completely redesigned the clean channel, and added high and low controls on the poweramp in addition to the presence control. It also uses KT88 instead of EL34 like the previous models, so the lowend stays a bit tighter on it's own.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 6, 2009,