Ok, so im moving out for the first time but it just occurred to me that I havnt really even moved in my life let alone moved away from my parents. Being a first time mover AND a first time ..uh..living-alone-er, I honestly dont know how to prepare! Or...pack.

Ahem, I should mention its in 2 days btw (I know, procrastinator)...and I have packed all the basics I guess. But like I said, being first time and all even moving, I feel I could easily miss something big or small. I suppose I should start by making a list.

Next big point, once again being my first time moving out and being on my own, I dont really know what to expect. Perhaps some of the older wiser gentlemen or those with personal experience can help me out. If anybody cares im secretly scared ****less

What To Pack?

What To Expect?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
It'll be great man, when i moved out the first time , i was a mess haha honestly, but thats just me, then i gained a strong sense of responsibility it really prepares you for life having only yourself to depends on, good luck, and empty your room? expect to become a man, yEa
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
If you're old enough to move out, shouldn't you be old enough to prepare properly for this?

OH. And also, raid your parents fridge/freezer.
Last edited by .h3xagr4m. at Aug 6, 2009,
What to pack:

Steal as many cooking utensils as you can, includes beer mugs, beer forks/spoons/knives, beer pots, etc. etc.

What to expect:

Quiet. Unless you live under a bowling alley and above another bowling alley.

In all seriousness, pack cooking stuff and plates, bowls whatnot. To expect; quiet, needing to organize your life more by yourself.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
tell us what you've packed and well let you know if you are missing something
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

By Pedomonkey.

An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Oh im bringin the taser and the mace ..theres no security system in the condo

Quote by .h3xagr4m.
If you're old enough to move out, shouldn't you be old enough to prepare properly for this?

*shrugs* support doesnt hurt. Thanks to all so far; im writing this **** down.

EDIT: typing out a list of what I have so far would be way too long unfortunately. But tbh, I didnt think about stealing the cooking utensils so thats a start
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Aug 6, 2009,
Don't listen to him, you'll never become a man with a yellow frisbee. Go for an earth tone - something that says 'I'm rugged and masculine, yet enjoy childish things such as frisbee'.

Seriously though, good luck. Should be fun!
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Oh im bringin the taser and the mace ..theres no security system in the condo

*shrugs* support doesnt hurt. Thanks to all so far; im writing this **** down.

EDIT: typing out a list of what I have so far would be way too long unfortunately. But tbh, I didnt think about stealing the cooking utensils so thats a start
ORLY?

Mind if I come visit for, uh, sexytime tea and crumpets?
kill all humans
expect to be at the store every other day for the first week or two. everyday you find something new that you need to get. it can be a bit expensive at first, but most of it is going to be one time purchases (shower rod, toilet brush, garbage cans, etc.).

the biggest change is cooking for yourself. learn to shop and cook cheaply. get the weekly flyers for the area grocery stores and compare prices and discounts. sometimes its worth splitting your list in half and shopping at two different stores to get the best deals. try to make well rounded meals and try to represent all the food groups on your shopping list.

buy plates, utensils, and cookware at a thrift store. most salvo's have more or less brand new items for next to nothing. plates and cups go for $0.50-0.75 and a set of silverware is ~$3. even walmart cant beat those prices.

get a baseball bat and put it under your bed. its much safer than having a gun when you have drunk friends over, but still provides a decent level of protection.

dont get cable if youre looking to cut costs. just get internet and download/stream tv shows.

dont be afraid to call your landlord if there is something wrong with your house. depending on the condition of the residence, you might be on the phone with them everday asking them to fix things for the first week or two.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Depending on what job you have, prepare to go hungry.

There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I didn't think much when I was moving out for the first time. Rang the landlord, got acceptance, got my butt on the bus with a bag of clothes the very next day.
The first week I survived only by pizza, pizza, McDonald ad pizza because i didn't have anything to cook (didn't know how to either). To be honest it was quite hasty of me.

Anyway, the second time I was moving I had a checklist which mostly included the things that would help sustain life in the new place for couple of weeks. It worked nicely. Until the Pizza and McDonald routin kicks back in :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Hey friz,

How's life on ur own?

Sorry I'm late to the thread. I've been internet and phone free for a while, unfortunately.

Don't worry if u don't know how to cook though. I got that section covered.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
you're asking the pit to decide what you need to bring?
don't you know all we're going to say is :

1. tissues
2. lubricant
3. internet
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by 12epi345
Don't listen to him, you'll never become a man with a yellow frisbee. Go for an earth tone - something that says 'I'm rugged and masculine, yet enjoy childish things such as frisbee'.

Seriously though, good luck. Should be fun!

Pfft. Earth tone. It's gotta be an Oakley brand camoflauge frisbee that cost $100.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Bring lots of stuff. Stuff you wouldn't normally need. Like scissors, string, glue, cool stuff. I always find myself needing string, and we never have any.

And you can do entertaining stuff with string!
Hang stuff from the cieling, magic tricks, etc.

And hangers, a washer/dryer, other appliances like that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard