Page 1 of 4
Confused? For example... I'm not a big fan of Death Metal or Screaming/Growling Vocals but I like Dethklok, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, and Lamb of God (I know they're Metalcore but they growl). I also don't like rap/hip hop but I like Eminem and ICP. The only country I would listen to know-a-days would be Johnny Cash. Anyone else have a similar situation?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 6, 2009,
I hate metal. But, I dig Iron Maiden a lot. And I also used to hate pop punk, but now I'm starting to warm up to it a bit. I started out with Lagwagon and Green Day, and now I'm starting to actually like the genre.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
i don't mind lamb of god but i hate metalcore

and ahh Wu tang clan are pretty gangster but i hate hip hop
I like Job for A Cowboy for some reason but I don't like that really heavy screaming stuff.

I'm not big into alternative but Silversun Pickups are pretty good.
I'm mainly into metal and prog, but I love David Bowie, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Chopin, the Sisters of Mercy and Clutch, among others.

Aren't I diverse.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I also hated metalcore, but I love All That Remains. Or would you call that melodic death metal? I don't even know what to classify them.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
im into death metal but i rather like hannah montana
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I hate rap, but I love Dizzie Rascal...

I also can't stand pop but the Noisettes are awesome..

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
I hatewhole Screamo thingy and CrunkCore,but i enjoy I Set My Friends on Fire
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
Last edited by hagalwadi007 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Frank Fury
Or would you call that melodic death metal? I don't even know what to classify them.

Idk there are so many ****ing genres these days i can't keep up... I classify stuff on my ipod as Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, and Death Metal. I can barely tell a difference between all these new genres that are being made daily (i.e. Nu-Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore, Grindcore, Black Metal just to name a few)
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I mostly dislike pop but i like james blunt and Dido.
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.

Quote by JayT44
Idk there are so many ****ing genres these days i can't keep up... I classify stuff on my ipod as Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, and Death Metal. I can barely tell a difference between all these new genres that are being made daily (i.e. Nu-Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore, Grindcore, Black Metal just to name a few)

You say you hate music ignorance, yet that is one of the most ignorant things I've heard for a while.

All of those genres have been established since the mid-90s at the latest - metalcore around then with Converge, black metal since the late 80's with Burzum, Beherit, Mayem, grindcore even earlier.... So they haven't exactly been made up the other day have they?

I agree that there are maybe too many stupid genres that ARE recent, i.e screamo-crunk and deathcore (although I am a huge fan of deathcore, I just would like to see bands like Suicide Silence accepted alongside Cannibal Corpse as death metal bands)

But if you're gonna say something like that, at least actually back up your point please.

EDIT: On topic, I listen to every form of metal, including -cores, and I really like Public Enemy.
Quote by Iceman 420
Brad Paisley. That guy's got some serious skillz. Also Keith Urban a bit as well.

I used to be big into country when I was little, but the only country I could stand to listen to now would be Johnny Cash.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by --ATREYUROCK--
You say you hate music ignorance, yet that is one of the most ignorant things I've heard for a while.

All of those genres have been established since the mid-90s at the latest - metalcore around then with Converge, black metal since the late 80's with Burzum, Beherit, Mayem, grindcore even earlier.... So they haven't exactly been made up the other day have they?

I agree that there are maybe too many stupid genres that ARE recent, i.e screamo-crunk and deathcore (although I am a huge fan of deathcore, I just would like to see bands like Suicide Silence accepted alongside Cannibal Corpse as death metal bands)

But if you're gonna say something like that, at least actually back up your point please.

I knew someone would call me out on this

What I was talking about was I don't know the difference between all the different metal genres so i classify them on my ipod into 3 categories cause it's easier..... I don't like when people going around and saying "metal ****ing sucks it takes no skill" or "anyone can make rap music it take no talent" and "everything but my favorite band sucks" and my personal favorite "all mainstream music sucks" just because you don't like something or someone doesn't mean it sucks... I feel the exact same way with sports for some reason and it makes me angry when someone says it.

EDIT: I also just got into metal a couple years ago so I really haven't bothered with learning all the genre's and different definitions of each one Not trying to start any controversy...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
I knew someone would call me out on this

What I was talking about was I don't know the difference between all the different metal genres so i classify them on my ipod into 3 categories cause it's easier..... I don't like when people going around and saying "metal ****ing sucks it takes no skill" or "anyone can make rap music it take no talent" and "everything but my favorite band sucks" and my personal favorite "all mainstream music sucks" just because you don't like something or someone doesn't mean it sucks... I feel the exact same way with sports for some reason and it makes me angry when someone does it.

Fair enough I guess.

I personally can't call everything 'metal', because then you're implying that all metal sounds the same, and I don't really hear all that much similarity between Iron Maiden and Morbid Angel...

So everything does have to have it's place for me, since I'm really into every genre really so I can hear the difference clearly (and my OCD manifests itself throguh music )
I kinda like Opeth even though I dreadfully hate that genre of music.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
I kinda like Opeth even though I dreadfully hate that genre of music.

I haven't ever gotten around to listening to Opeth... what genre are they? I have no clue
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I don't think anyone knows really

I class them as progressive death metal, but even that kinda limits them if you ask me.

Pick up the Blackwater Park album, it's their best in my opinion, and sit down and listen to the whole hour.

Your mind will be blown - or at least, mine was
Quote by --ATREYUROCK--
I don't think anyone knows really

I class them as progressive death metal, but even that kinda limits them if you ask me.

Pick up the Blackwater Park album, it's their best in my opinion, and sit down and listen to the whole hour.

Your mind will be blown - or at least, mine was

Ah okay... I'll probably go listen to them on Myspace first and decide if I like them cause as I said in the OP i'm not a big death metal fan. Thanks
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
one of the few genres i tend to hate is "pop-punk" but one of my 3 favourite bands is paramore.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Dethklok is awesome, and I really hate death metal.

And if you're counting QotSA as metal.... then QotSA as well
Gretsch G1169SP
Vox Cambridge '30 Reverb
BOSS EQ
Danelectro Octave Up/Distortion
Danelectro Octave Down
Crybaby Wah
Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Quote by JayT44
Lamb of God (I know they're Metalcore but they growl).

Groove Metal

Quote by CurbstompBass
Between the Buried and Me.

Progressive Metal

Quote by JayT44
I haven't ever gotten around to listening to Opeth... what genre are they? I have no clue

Progressive Death Metal

You guys suck and defining genres. Metalcore is a mainstream genre for bands like As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Underoath, and Bullet for My Valentine.
Bands like Lamb of God and Between the Buried and Me are far more innovative and characteristic to be defined as Metalcore.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope

You guys suck and defining genres. Metalcore is a mainstream genre for bands like As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Underoath, and Bullet for My Valentine.
Bands like Lamb of God and Between the Buried and Me are far more innovative and characteristic to be defined as Metalcore.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Gyroscope
Groove Metal

Progressive Metal

Progressive Death Metal

Lamb of God are metalcore, as are BTBAM, as much as I love them. Screaming, breakdowns, the works.
Page 1 of 4