---12h14p12--------------------------------
------------------12h14p12-----------------
------------------------------------------------

The most economical way i thought would be barring the 12th fret, but then i noticed one thing. If i barre the 12th fret, when i play the B string, i hit the high E string by mistake when pulling off. How should i mute it? Well i don't exactly hit it, sort of like touch it a bit and it rings.
Last edited by Shinami at Aug 6, 2009,
Maybe you could slightly lift your barring finger off the E, just enough so that it doesn't ring out. Or just not bar it.
Creator of the Llamastack

Well this is how i would play it i would either barre the 12 fret hammer on the first not pull off the roll my finger upwards slighty so its gently touching (muting the e string) and do the other hammer on and pull off
- Cort X-2
- ESP EC-1000
- RGA 121 Prestige VLF
- Roland Cube 20x
- Peavey 6505+ 112
- POD x3
Quote by hagalwadi007
learn to "roll" your index, alot of sweep lessons talk about it

Yeah, this. Also, might wanna palm mute the entire thing a LITTLE bit to make it sound cleaner.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Rolling your finger tends to help. I used to have problems on this as well. Your should roll your finger, to mute the high E string (with your index) when you roll it to the B-string.
+1 to rolling. I hate barring my fingers when playing legato stuff (it feels funny to me), but rolling my fingers works just fine. You might want to stick your index finger out a little extra to quiet the B-string and prevent noise from there.