Poll: Do you think Testament deserves the Spot over Anthrax?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think Testament deserves the Spot over Anthrax?
Yes
8 67%
No
4 33%
Voters: 12.
Is it just me or does Testament deserve that spot in the top 4 metal bands over Anthrax?
I get why Slayer,Deth,and Tallica are there,but i just cant seem to wrap my head around why anthrax got the spot(no disrespect to em),Ive been listening to both more than ever,and Testament just seems much nicer,anthrax has some really flaky albums that are pretty inconsistent

...ur 2cents plz
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
Last edited by hagalwadi007 at Aug 6, 2009,
you should proabably have posted this in the thrash thread. and while it may not technically be a VS. thread (that are not allowed on the forum) i think it comes rather close to it.

anthrax got the spot in the big four because they were one of the four bands to sign a major record label btw.
personally i think slayer shouldn't be in there, but they are. i just think there should be a big 5 with testament in it.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Yeah! Let's all go out and buy 500 Testament albums, then convince all our friends to buy 500 Testament albums, and then maybe they'll have sold enough to make it.
Quote by webbtje
Yeah! Let's all go out and buy 500 Testament albums, then convince all our friends to buy 500 Testament albums, and then maybe they'll have sold enough to make it.

This. The most commercially successful bands will always be the 'Big Four', regardless of quality.

I mean, Coroner are never getting in, as far as I can see.
Quote by lukeylynch
This. The most commercially successful bands will always be the 'Big Four', regardless of quality.

Exactly. And I believe you'll find this with any genre.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by lukeylynch
Cool sig.

Thanks. It's a quote from the vocalist of Primordial, A.A. Nemtheanga. Really stuck out to me, as it's a principal I adhere to rather strongly.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
By my preference for sure but Testament came into the game a little late and didn't achieve great success all that quickly. I personally don't like Anthrax or Megadeth but they deserve their spots there.

If it went on preference it would be impossible to have a big 4, or else I could claim the big 4 is Testament, Kreator, Mortal Sin and Exodus.
Personally I like Testament more but Anthrax have been around maybe 5 years longer....etc
no they should keep it as the big four as it is the pioneers not the current bests
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
This is such a good thread and it shouldn't be in the ONLY Thrash thread and it is totally not redundant and pointless.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Testament never did anything for the sub-genre, and while Anthrax's influence may have only been negative it is still substantial. Then, of course, there's the whole sales thing.

EDIT: And I'll third Exodus being more deserving than Testament.
I think Sodom deserves it, in all honesty.

EDIT: I think it should be Slayer, Sodom, Kreator and Megadeth.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM