Page 1 of 2
London, England i mean, sorry to those of you looking for the other one, but anyway, to those of you who are visiting London or live in London, please be on the lookout for pickpockets, i don't know if the situation has got worse in terms of frequency of people getting their stuff nicked, but it very nearly happened to me the other night for the first time.

Basically i was walking in the West end, it was late at night but there were still quite alot of people about, about 5 guys approached me and started asking if i wanted drugs, i was saying i wasn't into that, but the main talker kept on stalling me, his friends were losing their morale as they saw i was suspicious, then just before our meeting was ajourned, i felt his hand slowly gripping my wallet, so i slapped his hand away and walked off very quickly, then he started trying to get agressive, luckily they didn't follow me.

I was lucky that they didn't cut straight to the point by taking me round the corner, giving me a good kicking and taking what they wanted (with 5 of them and one rather drunk me i didn't stand much chance), but i am just warning you guys that if you are ever in London and someone who looks a bit shady comes up to you out of the blue and tries to start a conversation, get close to you, or hug you (yes they pickpocket by hugging now), walk away, because more often than not, they just want what you have.

TL;DR- Look out for pickpockets in London.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Wow, you got really lucky, suprised you didn't get the **** beaten out of you.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by Don_Humpador
Are you sure you mean west?

'Cause it sounds like you were in Brixton.

Nope, it was the West End, as in Oxford Street, by day its a bustling shopping centre, but by night, it changes, even though i have never had any trouble aside from that, there are alot of homeless people, pickpockets and drunkards walking about, although it is not as bad as Brixton, only been there once and that was dodgy enough in the day, can't imagine what its like in the night.

For those of you who are gonna put "nice blog, brah" or whatever, i am gonna put this in a blog, but thought it would be good to put it up here as well just to serve as a warning.

Quote by afromonkeyR0X
Wow, you got really lucky, suprised you didn't get the **** beaten out of you.

I'm quite lucky with fights, the only major one i have been in i got away from with just a bloody nose, considering it was about 20 guys i'm quite lucky, not saying its cos i was so good at fighting, i think its more the fact that they were suprised i hadn't fallen over and at how much blood was coming out of my nose, plus they decided to go after my mate who had walked off.
WHOMP

Last edited by donender at Aug 6, 2009,
yeah that's a major problem in a lot of big European cities (it happens here in the States to but not quite as often as armed muggings are far more popular here).
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by donender
Nope, it was the West End, as in Oxford Street, by day its a bustling shopping centre, but by night, it changes, even though i have never had any trouble aside from that, there are alot of homeless people, pickpockets and drunkards walking about, although it is not as bad as Brixton, only been there once and that was dodgy enough in the day, can't imagine what its like in the night.

For those of you who are gonna put "nice blog, brah" or whatever, i am gonna put this in a blog, but thought it would be good to put it up here as well just to serve as a warning.

I just checked Google Maps out of curiosity, Oxford Street's only like... a mile more west than Brixton >_>

Anyway.. Yeah. That's London for you. Though I've never had any problems in the Oxford/Regent Street area, been there at night a load of times.

I don't really think you can specifically blame London or West London for some bad luck you could have had anywhere, at any time.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I just checked Google Maps out of curiosity, Oxford Street's only like... a mile more west than Brixton >_>

Anyway.. Yeah. That's London for you. Though I've never had any problems in the Oxford/Regent Street area, been there at night a load of times.

I don't really think you can specifically blame London or West London for some bad luck you could have had anywhere, at any time.

Oh right, i didn't realise how close Brixton and Soho were together.

Anyway, i am just saying more for tourists than anything, usually in Oxford street i never expect anything more than a homeless person approaching me, but i guess i just had a bit of bad luck.
WHOMP

Brixton is awesome at night.

You get offered weed and **** and some woman was like "Can I take a pic of you?"

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The other day in Oxford Street a guy was like, "Excuse me, I was just looking for-" but the way he was eying my purse made me think "something to steal?" so I walked away...closest I've been to a pickpocket.

Also, while we have the cockneys rounded up, does anyone else take the southbound Northern Line on the tube and silently think "One does not simply walk into Morden"?
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by blu_flame34
The other day in Oxford Street a guy was like, "Excuse me, I was just looking for-" but the way he was eying my purse made me think "something to steal?" so I walked away...closest I've been to a pickpocket.

Also, while we have the cockneys rounded up, does anyone else take the southbound Northern Line on the tube and silently think "One does not simply walk into Morden"?

If by that you actually mean Mordor, I think that everytime I enter Glasgow
Quote by blu_flame34

Never thought about it like that

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's pretty much ingrained in the head of a londoner that you don't stop to talk. To anyone. Station attendant? keep moving. Big issue seller? keep moving. Gang of thugs trying to sell you drugs and pickpocket you? definitely don't stop.

Lifelong friend who saved you from almost certain death? KEEP MOVING.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
If by that you actually mean Mordor, I think that everytime I enter Glasgow

Haha no the last stop on the tube is Morden, so the recorded announcement keeps saying "This is a Northern Line service to Morden." And I always giggle.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by blu_flame34

I have never thought that exact phrase, but i always expect to get out of the train station and come outside to the middle of Mordor, i've never been to Morden so for all i know it could be just like it.
WHOMP

Anyone actually been to both ends of the Northern Line (I know it 'branches off' >_> ), I've been to High Barnet but not Morden.

Not good.
Quote by blu_flame34
Haha no the last stop on the tube is Morden, so the recorded announcement keeps saying "This is a Northern Line service to Morden." And I always giggle.

I used to live near London, but I never ventured into Morden. There's apparently this great eye that never sleeps...kind of put me off
I had to go to Edgeware once, isn't that where the northern line stops? It's pretty rubbish.

I giggle at shepherd's bush because I'm mature
Damn londoners and your pickpocketing and prostitute murderings.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Damn londoners and your pickpocketing and prostitute murderings.

The murders were so 19th century. Ipswich is the place to go if you want prostitute murders these days.

Not heard of anything like that for a while. Sorry man, most londoners aren't like that but you always get a few bellends.
Quote by Cal UK
It seems odd they didn't just go for you TS. Although being a northern numpty and having only visited London once I remember everyone as being like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY64meMb7-s&feature=related (and being young murderers too).

Well it was about 2.00am and still fairly busy out, mostly drunken revellers roaming about, but i am very glad that they didn't just try and attack me because as i said, the most i could have done was probably given them a damn good kick in the shin, but their retort would have probably been about 20 knife wounds to the torso.
WHOMP

Quote by donender
Well it was about 2.00am and still fairly busy out, mostly drunken revellers roaming about, but i am very glad that they didn't just try and attack me because as i said, the most i could have done was probably given them a damn good kick in the shin, but their retort would have probably been about 20 knife wounds to the torso.

How is it with knife crime in London now? Wasn't it 28 young people killed in London in Jan and Feb of this year? Don't hear so much about it now....
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
How is it with knife crime in London now? Wasn't it 28 young people killed in London in Jan and Feb of this year? Don't hear so much about it now....

I think the last "report" was that the figure was down.
Quote by Cal UK

I haven't heard of any major incidents recently but that gives me no reason to believe it dosen't go on anymore, but luckily i have never ran into that sort of trouble, touch wood.
WHOMP

Last edited by donender at Aug 6, 2009,
I've had my iPod nicked before... poor bluey! =( That said, I'm mostly in Camden, Holloway and Belsize Park.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Are you sure you mean west?

'Cause it sounds like you were in Brixton.

Don't be dissing my ends, bruv! Brixton isn't all that bad if you know the right places. Just steer clear of backstreets and such.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by Hammerzeit
The murders were so 19th century. Ipswich is the place to go if you want prostitute murders these days.

Not heard of anything like that for a while. Sorry man, most londoners aren't like that but you always get a few bellends.

That's just a stereotype. In reality londoners all go out on the streets and murder prostitutes, then pickpocket them. Or pickpocket them first, then murder then. You know, because of the incredible rush you get from pickpocketing and murdering. It's like a flow of the most incredible feeling you know pulsating through every vein in your body moving around in your body loosening any stress you had gathered before the deed. All the stress over those bullies, poor relationship with parents, social anxiety and knowing you are a such a freak because society tells you so.

Brb.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Me and a mate of mine went to a gig in Stockwell... the journey from the tube to the pub and the journey back were terrifying.
Quote by Cal UK

I haven't heard much recently... Although knife crime didnt actually go up, it was just being reported more, so people assumed it was going up.

Quote by Kensai
That's just a stereotype. In reality londoners all go out on the streets and murder prostitutes, then pickpocket them. Or pickpocket them first, then murder then. You know, because of the incredible rush you get from pickpocketing and murdering. It's like a flow of the most incredible feeling you know pulsating through every vein in your body moving around in your body loosening any stress you had gathered before the deed. All the stress over those bullies, poor relationship with parents, social anxiety and knowing you are a such a freak because society tells you so.

...This is all true

>.>
<.<

not...
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Last edited by XmydyingheartX at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Aidy Damage
Me and a mate of mine went to a gig in Stockwell... the journey from the tube to the pub and the journey back were terrifying.

At least you weren't Brazilian.
Quote by Don_Humpador
At least you weren't Brazilian.

To be honest, you're probably safer with a turban and a full beard than you are with a bag of electrician's tools and a South American accent
Well, I was visiting Greece once, and we went to athens (which is a ****hole btw). being hungover in the heat (40+) without having had a shower in like 2 days ****ed me up pretty bad. then we decided to take the subway to go somewhere, and inside the subway this guy was trying to open up my pc-bag and take out my computer... at mid-day. I didn't really understand what was going on, so i looked at him and he walked off.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
I thought you were likely to get beaten and mugged no matter where you are in the UK?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I've been in London for the last few weeks. I'm careful with my wallet because I've got everything in there. So far I haven't been pickpocketed (They'd have to undo two buttons and a zip without me realising to be able to get to it).

I did get stopped by two chavs asking for money, but one of them had arms like matchsticks and the other was desperately trying to conceal a posh private school accent so I just stared at them for a while and carried on walking.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 2