Pit, my computer keeps shuting down every 5 minutes. No shut down procedure, or any warning at all. It just shuts down completely. I thought I'd ask the pit what could be wrong. I have nowhere else to go...
plz help
Woah, I have the exact same problem! I'm not even doing anything, it will jus-
Ask again in 5 minutes....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
This may sound retarded, but is the plug in right? If the power cable is by your feet sometimes you can catch it without meaning to and it switches it off.
You've probably got a virus..
Do a scan, if nothing shows up your PSU(power supply unit) might be crapping itself and might need a new one.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Have you thrown it around alot lately?
Gear:
Buffet E13 Clarinet in Bb.
Canon 40D, Sigma 35 mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro, Tamron 17-50 2.8, 50 mm 1.8.
Flickr
Check your CPU temperature, mine kept doing that, the fan was VERY blocked up, I sat their pointing a fan on it until I bought a new one.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
Check your CPU temperature, mine kept doing that, the fan was VERY blocked up, I sat their pointing a fan on it until I bought a new one.

i have watercooling, so i dont think thats gonna help.
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

disconnect all the cable's at the back of the tower
everything but leave the power supply switch on alone..and then puit it on and leave it then add the rest of cables for the rest of devices..this should help if its a power supply problem..also check your ram
good luck
it's overheating i had it too a month ago, use rivatuner ( free download) to control the temperatures worked for me!
Quote by gitaarproff
it's overheating i had it too a month ago, use rivatuner ( free download) to control the temperatures worked for me!

I downloaded it, but i don't understand it. It's vague as hell man.
just do a system restore that usually works.
if this problem went on for more than a month though, chances are the system restore logs wont go back that far
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
just do a system restore that usually works.
if this problem went on for more than a month though, chances are the system restore logs wont go back that far

Well its going on for quite some time now. But i never decided to try and do something about it. And sometimes it happens 5 times within the hour, but sometimes it just doesnt happen all day. Very strange