hi,
i rang my local music store today enquiring about an ISP decimator stompbox, i tell the guy yeah i wanna get ridda feedback and all that nasty excess noise. and the guy replies to me "well the ISP doesnt get rid of feedback, just hum" if you want to get rid of 'feedback' you need to get a behringer 'shark'? i think thats what he said i kinda missed what he said.

does this guy know what hes talking about?
If someone actually recomends products by behringer they do not know what they're talking about.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Quote by JY-Rasputin
If someone actually recomends products by behringer they do not know what they're talking about.

Well that's a stupid thing to say.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Not without a basis in truth, though. Behringer are notorious for making shoddy second-rate products.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Behringer represent the cheapest range of products so people don't have to spend tons of money on effects and stuff. This guy works at a guitar store. In my experience people who sell stuff always recomend expensive stuff. So no, pure out of a buissiness point of view it wasn't a stupid thing to say.
Behringer had some mediocrate stuff that issn't too bad so I'm not saying the entire brand is crap, I myself just bought behringer stuff in the past that belongs to the dump.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
This is what he meant.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Shark-DSP110?sku=182463

It is labeled as a Feedback Reducer, as the ISP is labeled as a Noise Reducer.
He probably only assumed by the names that only the shark reduces feedback and that the ISP does not.

I reasure you that the ISP Decimator will reduce feedback.
Behringer makes some pretty decent rack processors and some great clones of discontinued pedals. Yes, a lot of their stuff is crap, but a lot of it is pretty decent too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
He is wrong.

/thread
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
In behringers defence they make a few damn decent items of interest to some.

Quote by MatrixClaw
He is wrong.

/thread

Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Aug 6, 2009,
Yep, I have a Behringer B212A active PA speaker for my Digitech GNX4, and it rocks! Anyways, as for the ISP, I think this guy is pure tard.
there is nothing wrong with behringer on a whole, it depends on the individual product, I personally own a behringer mixer and must say its ****ing good

but just try the products in store, get a warranty/exchange policy and research into it further
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']In behringers defence they make a few damn decent items of interest to some.

Behringer gear is used in a lot of professional recording studios FYI.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Theres nothing wrong with Behringer.
Their quality control tend to leave more to be desired at times though.
There's nothing wrong with them, but they're definitely the worst gear company to my mind.
He was mistaken in what the purpose of the products did. As the decimator will get rid of noise and some kinds of feedback. The shark does more as it has a noise gate, delay, phantom power for a mic and compression/limiting in it. Its also a A/D/A processor. But its certainly not a stomp box as there is no switch to step on and the housing looks like more of a rack thing. Its not likely to be what you were looking for tho. May have been a case of he bought some and cant find a way to sell em yet. As wont work as a stomp box and does stuff most of use would never need.

As for behringers quality. They have made enough junk that Im not willing to buy any of their other products just in case.
Quote by Aléx
You know, he could be a retard and right.

This. I am as guilty as the next guy of using this term too loosely and often inappropriately, but c'mon your typing. How hard is it to type 'wrong' instead of 'retard?' Its actually fewer letters...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The Decimator is basically a noise gate, so it'll reduce anything below a certain volume.

Some feedback (especially microphonics) can be just as loud as your guitar, so the Decimator won't help much in those cases.
Much easier to do what I do, and get used to making fine adjustments to your guitar's volume knob on the fly.
Last edited by kyle62 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

You have a point. A lof their guitar stuff is pretty awful. But some of their rack and studio stuff is actually pretty good!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by JY-Rasputin
Does that mean all the people who recommend Bugeras don't know what they're talking about either?