He was thinking about a Bugera 333XL and Marshall JVM410.

The marshall cost the twice, does that mean that it's 2 times better?

edit: changed awkward sentence.
Last edited by GisleAune at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by GorillaSalsa
What?!

+1
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
style, price range...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
i would get the 333 over a JVM.
and from what I can gleen from the last sentence (your grammar is atrocious) no, something twice the price is not twice as good.
That's not the question.

Is the marshall much greater than the 333XL (Is the marshal twice as good, since it costs the twice.)
I own a Marshall JVM 210H and I can tell you it sounds absolutely stunning. I've heard that JVM you're talking about a couple of times and it sounds pretty awesome as well, though I haven't got the chance to test it myself.
Bugera is (looking at price/sound quality) a very, very good deal, but from what I've heard they are very unreliable. Due to the usage of cheaper parts, etc.
In short; the JVM sounds really good and is versatile and will last. You gotta pay more though.
Bugera sound awesome for its price, but is very unreliable.
That's all I know about it.
Play the music, not the instrument.
Talking of unreliability, the 410 (and 210 to a certain extent) have issues with the 'orange' setting not working after only a short while. Not sure if Marshall have fixed this yet, but it is worth considering.

What style do you play, and what's your budget?
I'm his other brother and he's playing mostley heavy/thrash metal. Very much inspired by metallica.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Hang on a second, Sfaune you play bass, correct?

If this is for guitar, then I'd say either a used Mesa rectifier or Mk. III or a used Marshall JCM800 combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 6, 2009,
it's not for me
it's for the third brother who don't exist here on UG.
He's a guitrist.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by sfaune92
it's not for me
it's for the third brother who don't exist here on UG.
He's a guitrist.

could you have him make an account? It would be a lot easier to deal with him directly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i played with the jvm410h twice, at gigs, and both times, i've been deceived. i really wanted to like this amp but i have never been able to. I like my traynor better, and it's in the 700$ range. it's got a sterile tone, it's warm no problem there, but it just sounds lifeless...
All the JVMs I've played have had lackluster cleans and very muddy distortion, no matter how much tweaking I did.

And I've tried a lot of them. I wanted to like them, but every time I left the stores I liked the used Peaveys and Mesas better.
Quote by GisleAune
That's not the question.

Is the marshall much greater than the 333XL (Is the marshal twice as good, since it costs the twice.)

In short, no, the Marshall is not twice as good as the Bugera and that logic is retarded.
Quote by oneblackened
could you have him make an account? It would be a lot easier to deal with him directly.

I don't think that is a good idea, we're from Norway and his english skills are really bad. He's a metalhead with metallica-like tastes, but a versitable amp would have been reallly cool.

Quote by Flying Couch
In short, no, the Marshall is not twice as good as the Bugera and that logic is retarded.

Ok, so he will expect real quality of that bugera.
Last edited by GisleAune at Aug 7, 2009,
Bump, anymore ideas?

I think he wants a bugera. what bugera will you recommend for a metalhead with metallica style. Is the 333 XL good for that? or are there beter Bugeras out there which is more versitable?
the marshall is not twice as good, but it is better. Only your brothers ear is going to tell him if its a big enough difference to pay twice as much. i personally would take the marshall 8 times out of 10, but that's a personal thing, your bro needs to try them both and decide.