Well now its time once again.

I "need" a new amp and I got a budget at $450.

Now here is the thing...im looking for a SS or a hybrid amp.
Something that can get very low with some crunch but also loud (Gigable) when you turn it up.

My main genres are: Blues/Rock/Funk/Ska and im playing a Fender Stratocaster.
Must have: Reverb

Most important is that the clean channel is great as im gonna run my stompboxes through it.

NO moddeling amps like the Line 6 spider or the Vox VT series.

Been looking at the Marshall Valvestate 50/100W Head and matching cab.

Sugesstions!

And dont hi-jack this thread and make it another "SS AMPS SUCKS NOOB".
I like the cleans you can get out of SS amps. so please just help me.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
Not trying to knock the SS amps or anything but take a look at the peavey valveking if you want good distortion and it's pretty loud. You would just need to get a better speaker eventually but I really like mine. HOWEVER since you like the cleans I'm not sure because I found that only at high volumes the cleans get distorted.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
NEVER, get a hybrid. I'm sorry but they're scams. Hardly any difference from a simple SS amp, but costs much more. Seriously, don't bother. And I don't know if 450$ for a solid state amp is gigable. But who knows.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
NEVER, get a hybrid. I'm sorry but they're scams. Hardly any difference from a simple SS amp, but costs much more. Seriously, don't bother. And I don't know if 450$ for a solid state amp is gigable. But who knows.

Disagree.

Maybe look for an old music man 65 amp, some models have reverb. Check ebay
There is a few Valvestate heads/Combos 100w for about $200 - $300 here in Sweden so the 450 budget should be doable, also shouldnt 50W+ SS be enough to mic up at a gig?
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
I see a nice Hughes & Kettner ATTAX 100 at about your budget. Worth a look?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
I see a nice Hughes & Kettner ATTAX 100 at about your budget. Worth a look?

Dang it looks nice, need to get rid of my Valve Junior asap

ok sofar:

Marshall Valvestate
Music man 65
Hughes Kettner ATTAX 100
Quote by ljohn
Peavey bandits do pretty decent cleans actually i was very pleasantly surprised when i was playing through one the other week.

Maybe check out some tech 21's? you're frustratingly between the trademark 30 and 60 but i was playing them and they have sweet cleans - i was lead to believe they were ss too
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more