hey

im looking to get a new amp, it will mainly be used for playing at home, but also the odd band practice. i have a 50wt amp but that is too loud to use at home.

i play mainly modern rock music

has anyone got any suggestions to what amps i should look at??

thanks
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
about £300

i reckon you should get yourself over to the "what amp thread" or give a budget and style and explain what you have so far gearwise - a 50w all valve half stack is a different kettle of fish to a 50w solid satet modeller

EDIT: it appears the only what amp thread has gone - now i look like an angry bastard for no reason
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Aug 6, 2009,
about £300

ok gear wise i have an indie xp tribal custom, anindie double cut hollow custom and an ibanez s470 wiv miracle man pickups, i dnt use many fx just reverb n wah. i have a peavey valve king 112 but as i said this is too loud to play at home. band i like/ cover are rhcp, a7x velvet revolver, billy talent 2name a few. i want this amp to be able to give me a versatille tone as i play both heavey and softer rock, i wont use the clean chanel that much so that is not really important. hope this helps

i use a vk112 at my apartment all the time. it's not too loud. you CAN turn the volume down. however, i'm assuming you're just not content with the tone at lower "late night" volumes, which is understandable. i'm not quite sure how much these run for over in the uk, but i say look into the new vox night train, perhaps orange tiny terror, depending on your tastes. maybe even a blues junior, or perhaps a blackheart handsome devil or little giant, OR a blackstar ht-5.

EDIT: forget about the blues junior if you want gain from the amp.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
sick yea I rrecently got a practise amp for home at christmas.

marshall mg series

15 watt - 83£

the distorsion channel will blow ure ass away

really think u should buy it clean channel isnt amazing but the gain on the amp is incrediable and is perfect for rock and metal. also has built in effets like delay/flange/ etc reverd knob, headphone inpuT

worth the buy
don't listen to him ^. that's gotta be one of the worst recommendations he could make, especially for that price range.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5