Hey guys im in the market for a new practice amp to use at home since my Carvin V3 is over at our practice spot. My budget is preferably under $400 but around there. I would prefer new since my local cleveland craigslist is horrible lately but will go used if i can find a deal. This will mostly just be a practice amp but if I could use it at an ocassional band practice that would be a huge huge plus. Also Tube is always a huge plus. Right now im between 3 things.

-B-52 AT-112
-Blackstar HT-5 head (already have a 2x12 for one)
-Peavey Vypr (either 75 watt or 60 watt tube, and is the extra $150 worth it on the 60?

Thanks and any sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.
I'd take the Peavey Vypyr personally. Great sound and you get some really killer effects. Just make sure you get the Sanpera II foot controller
get a marshall mg50fx or cough up 430$ and get a mg100DFX(last years model) personally i like the old mg's better.
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
K thanks i was thinking the vypr would work, but should I get the 75 watt one or the 60 watt with the tube power amp? and would they work for band practices in a pinch? I appreciate the response though
B-52 AT112 is your best option or the blackstar

moddeling amps are fail
and the blackstar is amazing but isnt loud enough for band practice
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by greendayispunk
get a marshall mg50fx or cough up 430$ and get a mg100DFX(last years model) personally i like the old mg's better.

I don't think he's going to want to do that.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Also thanks for the response but ive been hearing some bad things about B-52's reliability, I would buy the B-52 in a heartbeat but Ive heard that they like to break down all the time even though I love their tone. (My buddies got a AT-100 head)
B-52 has fixed their reliabilty. The only thing wrong was with the first production models of the AT's. They have then since fixed this by putting a fan in them.
Ok i think im going to go with the AT-112 then since i already have the effects i would need on pedals which isnt to much to begin with lol. Plus It would probably be the loudest of the amps. Thanks for all of the replies guys!
yeah i was gonna say they have been fixed now,

enjoy your new amp
and thanks for not getting a vyper, you would of shot yourself afterwards

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
yeah i was gonna say they have been fixed now,

enjoy your new amp
and thanks for not getting a vyper, you would of shot yourself afterwards

Haha yeah we wouldnt want that happening now would we lol
Quote by Carrot
B-52 AT112 is your best option or the blackstar

moddeling amps are fail
and the blackstar is amazing but isnt loud enough for band practice

Have you ever played a Vetta?
Quote by In The Mist
Have you ever played a Vetta?

Tbh I haven't but I'd like to cuz most of the amps I have played I didn't like

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Tbh I haven't but I'd like to cuz most of the amps I have played I didn't like

If your judgement is based on the spider then I see where your coming from. I don't hate spiders but there are better amps. I haven't played a vetta either, but Ive heard that they sound so realistic that long time tube purists have bought them.
my lead guitarist in my gothic metal just bought a Vetta II for gigs and it's great amp for his leads but it sounds a bit digital in certain settings though unlike my V2 ninja which sounds more organic.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
ive played spiders and vypers and what not, played spider valve (2x12 combo and half stack) didnt like them either, guess im gonna have to play a vetta sometime then

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Use your blackstar as a practice amp. Maybe buy the 1x10 cab if you are that worried about space. THe B-52 would be your backup.