Page 1 of 3
RIP really old Japanese people who I never knew and all the kids that got deformities and whatnot
Last edited by Nietsche at Aug 6, 2009,
oh well
Quote by diofan88
I lol'd hard

Quote by tattyreagh
That's terrible and hilarious in equal measures...

theyre talking about my comment
Quote by Nietsche

What do people think about wether or not it was neccessary?

Take it to the politics thread.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Nietsche
RIP really old Japanese people who I never knew and all the kids that got deformities and whatnot

What do people think about wether or not it was neccessary?

I think you're opening a can of worms, that's what I think

*spits into a bucket*
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Take it to the politics thread.
Quote by Kensai

*spits into a bucket*
I think you both quoted me so that my post would never be allowed to die that's what I think
Quote by Nietsche

There was probably another way, but we will never know.

It depend's how bad that the war could have become. Who know's how many more people would of died had the US not dropped the atomic bombs to end the war quickly.

There was probably another way, but only god knows.
Quote by Kensai

*spits into a bucket*

So you're a yokel now Kensai?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by opc100
HIROSHIMA=blown.

fixed..

Quote by diofan88
I lol'd hard

Quote by tattyreagh
That's terrible and hilarious in equal measures...

theyre talking about my comment
Thanks for sharing TS. Those photo's were interesting as well as humbling. I feel terrible that humanity is capable of doing things like that to each other.
Quote by pig god 121
fixed..
*huge space*

You're a terrible, terrible person.
hello
Quote by Chrois
Bad times, good photographs.

good times...bad photographs?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
i remember doing a class project on this
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by CrackerJack465

It depend's how bad that the war could have become. Who know's how many more people would of died had the US not dropped the atomic bombs to end the war quickly.

I heard Japan was already losing significantly when the bombs were dropped... sure they ended the war quicker, but did they really need to drop two?
Please educate me if I'm mistaken.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i think they waited a few days and there was no surrender so they did it again on Nagasaki.
Quote by Tempoe
i think they waited a few days and there was no surrender so they did it again on Nagasaki.

No, really?

I NEVER KNEW
AH! Bandwidth rape!!

No but seriously, I did a report on the comparsion of then and now for Hiroshima. Very cool stuff. I'd check out Chernobyl if this interested you, too.
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Terrific pictures. Just look at the magnitud of the disaster.
Also, look at this. This is Hiroshima and Nagasaki. According to Wiki, a modern bomb would be 10 times stronger, and the ranges would be 2 - 5 times bigger.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Great...somehow I wound up reading about Japanese war crimes...No sleep for me now.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Great...somehow I wound up reading about Japanese war crimes...No sleep for me now.

Look up Unit 731, and the Rape of Nanking.
No sleep for a month .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
No sleep for a month .

*Shudder*

They were so much worse than everything ever...
Quote by urik
No sleep for a month .

I already have
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Rip
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Is it true that most Japanese don't even know it happened? Like Holocaust deniers or something like that. My English teacher told me that, but i think she does crack.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Is it true that most Japanese don't even know it happened? Like Holocaust deniers or something like that. My English teacher told me that, but i think she does crack.

Hearing that, I think she does as well. I think most Japanese people would be aware of it.
Quote by itchy guitar

Not true. When the Japanese troops took over Nanking, two officers made a competition between themselves. The first one to kill 100 people with a sword would win. They were covered by the JAPANESE PRESS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_to_kill_100_people_using_a_sword
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Not true. When the Japanese troops took over Nanking, two officers made a competition between themselves. The first one to kill 100 people with a sword would win. They were covered by the JAPANESE PRESS.

so who won?

/blackhumour
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by urik

What does that have to do with the bombing of Hiroshima?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
What does that have to do with the bombing of Hiroshima?

Oh... I thought that we were talking about Japanese war crimes and the Rape of Nanking .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by you = fail
AH! Bandwidth rape!!

No but seriously, I did a report on the comparsion of then and now for Hiroshima. Very cool stuff. I'd check out Chernobyl if this interested you, too.

I did a project on Chernobyl. It's really completely opposite as it was a mistake and this was war though.

RIP to all the Japs who had to suffer, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I feel bad for the japs but at the same time their the ones who bombed pearl harbor.
Quote by aznrockerdude
I heard Japan was already losing significantly when the bombs were dropped... sure they ended the war quicker, but did they really need to drop two?
Please educate me if I'm mistaken.

Truman had one of the most difficult decisions to make in the history of the world. He had to choose between invading Japan on foot and getting slaughtered (estimated losses were in the millions) and dropping the bomb but killing thousands of innocents in the process. After the first bomb dropped the ruler of Japan thought "Surely they don't have another one they are just bluffing, I won't surrender" Following that, we dropped the next one, which promptly ended the war.
Quote by MakinLattes
Man, that pic of the peace flame and the caption hit me like a ton of bricks.

However, the bombing seemed like a good idea at the time. The Japanese were such persistent fighters that they would kill themselves in battle rather than be captured/surrender; can you imagine how many people would have died if we had fought our way to Tokyo instead of dropping the A-bombs and forcing Hirohito to surrender?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by itchy guitar

Hiroshima is a popular tourist attraction for a reason...

^Good point.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 3