Hey guys,

I have a mexican jazz bass, made in like 07/08 or something, it has three nobs and to be perfectly honest im not exactly sure what they do, the two bigger ones seem to be volume for each pickup, and the 3rd nob the smaller one, unless thats turned all the way down the bass just sounds terrible. I would like to just have a master volume control, how would i go about doing this? Also I assume having no tone nob just leaves you with the natural sound of the pickups with no added bass/treble, is this correct?

Cheers.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
First of all, go to the ultimate wiring thread. While it is only a 2 second search away, I have saved you the effort https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006&highlight=ultimate+wiring+thread

Now all you need to do is have a read through that thread. If you're still stuck then post in that thread

Your last assumption is correct.

EDIT: the ultimate wiring thread is about half way down the first page. Its so easy to see.
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 6, 2009,
Cheers man, didnt think to use the seach bar, silly me

Nice one
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Done it, sounds much better.

Cheers