well i removed from the body, took the cover off and examined my RPS copy's bridge pickup, and found it appeared to have no wax on it. i have decided for now to leave it uncovered.

well my question for GB&C is, my p'up squeals like a bitch thru any amp that i've ever used. it doesnt appear to be wax potted, maybe on the sides. how much trouble would it be to pot it in wax, also would i be better off getting new pickups anyway?
also i havent tried thru an amp since i removed the cover.
keep in mind i have about 40 AU$ to my name atm.
i'm gonna post some pics, so you can see what i'm talking bout tomorrow.

tl;dr: buy new pups, or try and pot the one i have
Thanks, Joel
Quote by texzephyr
well i removed from the body, took the cover off and examined my RPS copy's bridge pickup, and found it appeared to have no wax on it. i have decided for now to leave it uncovered.

well my question for GB&C is, my p'up squeals like a bitch thru any amp that i've ever used. it doesnt appear to be wax potted, maybe on the sides. how much trouble would it be to pot it in wax, also would i be better off getting new pickups anyway?
also i havent tried thru an amp since i removed the cover.
keep in mind i have about 40 AU$ to my name atm.
i'm gonna post some pics, so you can see what i'm talking bout tomorrow.

tl;dr: buy new pups, or try and pot the one i have
Thanks, Joel
Neither.

Try it through an amp first. You don't know if the feedback was because of the cover ringing or because the windings are moving about. If it doesn't feed back anymore, potting would be unnecessary.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
okay, thanks for the replies everyone. I don't have a "real" amp atm, just a Vox AMPlug which i play thru so i cant test for feedback on that, and i'm currently in quarantine cause my sister has flu-like symptoms, but i will try on Wednesday thru one of the schools amps and will post results. Is it possible that removing the cover may have worked? i did it merely for cosmetics and to have a look inside.