Hey all,

I have a new MIM strat, and the fretboard is rosewood. I'm very happy with it, but I was just wondering if the maple fretboards are smoother and etc. I have a friend who has a strat with a maple fretboard, but it's his pride possesion so he doesn't really let anyone touch it.
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
im sorry but there were 3 of these threads yesterday, use the searchbar.
but to provide a small answer we cannot tell you how it will feel to you, go to a guitar shop and try some.
I think it depends on your style and your hand. All necks are varnished so the only real way to feel the neck is bending.
the exception would be on a well worn maple guitar the finish on the fretboard wears off. I like it. the rosewood boards usually don't have any finish on them since the wood has natural oils that keep the fretboard conditioned and slippery. maple is a tighter grained wood so its pretty smooth to the touch.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Do you touch the fretboard when you fret? If you don't then it doesn't matter how it plays but acoustically it adds a difference tonally same deal in terms of through an amp it depends on alot of factors that make up your 'sound' so it's a bit hard to tell.
the feel is all up to you

i think maple fretboards look kinda stupid
but thats just my taste