id say at the very least a 10-46

im guessing your guitar is a 25.5 scale?
if so then you should be ok with a normal light

but if its shorter, go heavier or it might be too bendy and sound like poo
i personally like it a little heavier (10-52 in drop C# with a fake floyd on a 25.5 scale)
Idk on that tunning but I like ernie ball 10-46 for standard tunning...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Bit of a misleading title...

Anyway, Do you have a scalloped neck? If you do use .9s.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
i forgot what kind of floyd type setup, but some do

most dont though, any strings will do
Quote by Dookie92
sorry for the off topic question, but are special strings needed for Floyd Roses? I didnt think so but then I saw some guy on youtube who said they are.

Speedloader - yes
Original, Pro - no
nah man just regular electric strings unless u have the werid sysstem that floyd rose tried to do awhile ago the name escapes me for some reason, so im takin it that tens are the way to go on a floyd in drop c right and man im stoked i wish i thought to post a thread like this
BC Rich NJ Beast transparent red, BC Rich NT beast gloss black,ESP F-100fm, OD-9,MT-2,NS-2,line 6 Spider 2 120

Late Goblin67
i use 11's in Drop C/D Standard but i like a little extra tension. i was using skinny top heavy bottoms, but there wasn't enough tension IMO for D standard on the first 3 strings. so i moved up to 11's and i'm not looking back.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Whichever one feels good to you...I like 10-46 though.

This.
Control your destiny.
Preference. I like .10's or .11's, but I'll go higher before I go lower.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
9's and 10's are very common on floyds. 11's 12's can be a little difficult to setup properly at times. as a guitar tech, I can say that it helps to bring your guitar to a tech when going up in string guage on a floyd rose. especially on a bolt on guitar. depending on the guitar, your luthier may advise you to not use 12's. almost always when switching to a higher gauge string, a truss rod adjustment is highly recommended. bring it to a good luthier. he will also evaluate your springs and tell you if you need heavier springs.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
I like .9's for it, but I like really light tension on my strings.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I use D'addarios .10 - .46 on my Jackson in D standard.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood