If i have a mexican made body, can i replace the bridge with a nice american made one?
/ is a script term for end

so /thread means end-thread
/rant would be end rant etc.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
yeah i dont really know either. all i wanted to know was if an american made bridge would fit a mexican made body.
o ok got it. and sorry tonezo i do not know too much about that...
It wouldn't be a perfect fit, from what I understand. I'd guess it's more trouble than it's worth. What don't you like about the Mexican bridge?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
the american made ones are sooo much better. mexican made ones pretty much just arent as well made. what do you suggest i do?
Quote by Tonezeo
the american made ones are sooo much better. mexican made ones pretty much just arent as well made. what do you suggest i do?

Well, there are other options, depending on what you don't like about the vintage style bridge that is on the Mexican strats, assuming it's something other than just perceived quality.

For instance, since putting graphtech saddles on my mexican strat, I haven't had the first problem out of the bridge in going on 3 years.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I don't know how much they cost these days. Less than a new bridge, I assume. And intonation can be adjusted perfectly well on a mexican strat bridge.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Here's the link to their site: http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=13

They fit my mexican strat just fine. But they were a gift, and I had them professionally installed, so I'm not much help there.

But like I said, if intonation is your problem, you can adjust that with your current saddles, and it doesn't cost a penny.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Ooh Guitar Fetish do a mexican strat upgrade bridge! so it is like american in quality but made to fit an mexican strat. (but still with 6 screws, I think)
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
hey does anyone know if an american made neck will fit a mim strat body?
Lol, if your planning on buying all American parts you may as well as just buy a MIA guitar hehe.
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton