Page 1 of 4
I arrived in London last night and I walked around the financial City today.
If you remember or know, I've been traveling from Manchester through Sheffield, Norwich, and Canterbury, seeing the Universities of Manchester, Sheffield, East Anglia, and Kent, and all have been great.
The facilities are fantastic: it shows how much Japanese universities suck as a whole.

These are the trends that I've been seeing for the past week or so in England:

-Turn on the television and 80% of the time you bump into that weird Big Brother thing, Alan Carr, or Paul O'Grady; I used to love British television, but it's kinda boring these days
-I'm sick of seeing that "Orphan" poster all over the cities, the picture of the girl creeps the **** out of me
-The Lily Allen/Cheryl Cole hype is massive, they're all over the magazines

Either way I've rediscovered the bookstores that I used to love when I came here back in 2004: Waterstones in Picadilly Circus and Borders in Tottenham.
Love this country, it always felt like home.

Any good music shops around here? I've seen a couple of tiny guitar shops, but they all are kinda mediocre.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Where are you heading after london buddy?

DIEDIT: big brother
Last edited by DieGarbageMan at Aug 6, 2009,
Hey I live in norwhich, pretty damn average aint it?

But nah if all you see is paul o grady,big brother and alan carr then your watching too much of channel 4.

Try bbc
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Stay away from Channel 4. At this time of year it's Big Brother time, and you'll just get stupider.

If you can, come over to Bath, in Somerset. Seeing as you're enjoying the more cultural side of Britain, I couldn't recommend this city more. Also, if you're looking for bookshops, don't go to Waterstones or Borders, they're the supermarkets of books. We have a fair few great independent ones here in Bath.

I'm glad you're having fun though; for all our complaining about the country, it's not all that bad. Oh, how are you finding the food? Most tourists complain all the time about food over here.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by radomu

Any good music shops around here? I've seen a couple of tiny guitar shops, but they all are kinda mediocre.

Go to Denmark Street, it's off of Tottenham Court Road. it's a street of guitar shops, just guitar shops
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
The best thing you can do in London is get on a plane to Scotland.

/thread.
Stay away from Luton area.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Quote by charby19

/thread.

This.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Where are you heading after london buddy?

DIEDIT: big brother

I'm going to Oxford for like 2 days next week then off to Brighton for a day to visit Sussex University.
Then I'm back to London for another week and back to Tokyo.

Hey I live in norwhich, pretty damn average aint it?

But nah if all you see is paul o grady,big brother and alan carr then your watching too much of channel 4.

Try bbc

Are you kidding me?
I loved Norwich, with the massive shopping centers and stuff.
I went to the market, and that was kinda meh, but the University of East Anglia is my top priority so it's good that I loved it.

My mom's watching Sky right now, pretty good.

Stay away from Channel 4. At this time of year it's Big Brother time, and you'll just get stupider.

If you can, come over to Bath, in Somerset. Seeing as you're enjoying the more cultural side of Britain, I couldn't recommend this city more. Also, if you're looking for bookshops, don't go to Waterstones or Borders, they're the supermarkets of books. We have a fair few great independent ones here in Bath.

I'm glad you're having fun though; for all our complaining about the country, it's not all that bad. Oh, how are you finding the food? Most tourists complain all the time about food over here.

Sorry buddy, can't visit Somerset...

Yeah Big Brother is a bit weird, we had those "room-mate" kinda reality shows in Japan for decades so not really new to me.

I actually love British food though, with all the burgers and chips. I just wish those tourist attractions have something else than sandwiches, because that's ALL I'm having for lunches...
I went to Chinatown last night, and the Chinese food is way better than it is in Japan.

Go to Denmark Street, it's off of Tottenham Court Road. it's a street of guitar shops, just guitar shops

Gee thanks, I'm definitely checking it out in like two days.

But they start talking to me in Chinese, and I'm kinda annoyed by that.

/thread.

Been to Scotland already 5 years ago, and it's a nice place, I'll give you that. The country side is the best.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Go to Birmingham... it's bostin >_>

Cadbury World is aces

Also - Channel 4 (and anyone associated with it) should burn in a fiery pit. With a few exceptions.
Quote by charby19
Did you go to Edinburgh? Edinburgh is the best.

Did 5 years ago, great city, I ate at this fake Japanese restraint run by the Chinese and the sushi tasted like plastic, but I loved climbing that massive rock of yours.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by thewho65
TS, are you a nomad? It seems like you go all around the globe

Yeah I am, probably

My family loves traveling, they were stupid enough to drive around 16 states when I was only 5.

But I was downright giddy on the first day at Manchester because it has been 4 years since I flew out of my country.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
Did 5 years ago, great city, I ate at this fake Japanese restraint run by the Chinese and the sushi tasted like plastic, but I loved climbing that massive rock of yours.

I think i know the restaraunt you mean, its got a stupid name like izzi or something like that

You mean the one with the castle on it?

Btw i dont know if they have it in London but if they do you need to get fried pizza. Im sure theres lots of chip shops in london, they might sell fried pizzas, it might just be a scottish thing though
Big Brother USA > Big Brother UK

1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by charby19
I think i know the restaraunt you mean, its got a stupid name like izzi or something like that

You mean the one with the castle on it?

Btw i dont know if they have it in London but if they do you need to get fried pizza. Im sure theres lots of chip shops in london, they might sell fried pizzas, it might just be a scottish thing though

It's like in front of the moat of the Edinburgh castle, if I remember, and the whole restraint is white... if I remember.

I stayed at this over-priced hotel in front of that dome-like Science Museum.
I remember ordering porridge for breakfast and it had oat-meal in it, which shocked me because "porridge" in Japan is usually rice...

fried pizzas? they're good?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by Mockstairwell
Gouging my own eyes out with a rusty screwdriver > Big Brother

Fixed.
Quote by radomu
It's like in front of the moat of the Edinburgh castle, if I remember, and the whole restraint is white... if I remember.

I remember ordering porridge for breakfast and it had oat-meal in it, which shocked me because "porridge" in Japan is usually rice...

Porridge is oatmeal
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Porridge is oatmeal

oatmeal is disgusting
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
my face is disgusting

You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith

Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Id defiantly make the tube journey to Kew to check out Chandlers as their stock is better than the whole of denmark street imo and whilst your there take in the gardens.

Denmark street has gone downhill in the last few years, well except the odd store anyway. Quite a few of the shops have banded together and bought a bunch of chaepo guitars and rebranded them with their shop names. I went into one place a few months back and the entire stock comprised of a schecter C1 blackjack, a tempest an ibanez artcore semi and every other electric was a cheap rebranded axe.

On the good side there were 2 or 3 shops with some nice vintage axes ranging from fenders and gibbos to some odities from the 60s 70s and 80s. Rhodes and Rokas had some nice new stock from most of the big boys and a few nice amps.

Don,t get me wrong, Denmark street is worth a visit but its nothing like it used to be. Prices are ridiculous too.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quick question.

In England, what do you do to try a guitar?
Do you just pick it off the shelf your self and plug it in, or do you ask?

Yeah I'll check out the Chandlers.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by jgbsmith
you ask normally.

Just "Can I try this out"?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
Just "Can I try this out"?

Yea...

Usually have a bit of a story that you are after a new guitar and such...
I'm currently visiting London too...

...I'm not used to the massive amount of people.

The Beer Festival at Earl's Court kicked ass though.
Quote by apothecarrie
Pretty much this.

Is Luton boring or dangerous?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu

Yeah thats the one i mean, opposite the big bank offices.

I know the hotel you mean

No, theyre not good. Theyre f*cking delicious.
Quote by charby19
Yeah thats the one i mean, opposite the big bank offices.

I know the hotel you mean

No, theyre not good. Theyre f*cking delicious.

I'll check out them pizzaz when I find a pub that has them.

The notable release when I came to this country as a 17 year old this time was that people are WAY hotter here than Japan.
Although Manchester didn't have any women that you'll stop and look, Sheffield and Norwich are full of them.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
I'll check out them pizzaz when I find a pub that has them.

The notable release when I came to this country as a 17 year old this time was that people are WAY hotter here than Japan.
Although Manchester didn't have any women that you'll stop and look, Sheffield and Norwich are full of them.

Pubs wont have them man, fish and chip shops do.

Quote by radomu
Is Luton boring or dangerous?

Boring.

Not many places in the UK are more dangerous than London. Possibly Glasgow or Liverpool

lol
Last edited by charby19 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by charby19
Pubs wont have them man, fish and chip shops do.

I thought fish and chip shops ARE pubs?

Anyway, what's with the Sheryl Cole hype? She's all over the news stands. I mean, I know she's insanely hot, I give her that, but she's becoming the next posh spice...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
I thought fish and chip shops ARE pubs?

Anyway, what's with the Sheryl Cole hype? She's all over the news stands. I mean, I know she's insanely hot, I give her that, but she's becoming the next posh spice...

No, pubs are like bars where you go to drink lol.

Well she is a judge on the X Factor, its a massive singing competition thing if you didn't know, lol. And her group, Girls Aloud are pretty much the new Spice Girls
Quote by charby19
No, pubs are like bars where you go to drink lol.

Well she is a judge on the X Factor, its a massive singing competition thing if you didn't know, lol. And her group, Girls Aloud are pretty much the new Spice Girls

I know X Factor. I just saw on the news that Posh Spice is co-hosting American Idol with Cowell, which is better than Paula ****ing Abdul, to say the least...

I never hated the Spice Girls actually, I used to love them as a 5 year old so I still kinda like them.
I know they're pathetic, but I still think their pop music is pretty good compared to the crap that Disney is spewing in the past couple of years.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
I know X Factor. I just saw on the news that Posh Spice is co-hosting American Idol with Cowell, which is better than Paula ****ing Abdul, to say the least...

I never hated the Spice Girls actually, I used to love them as a 5 year old so I still kinda like them.
I know they're pathetic, but I still think their pop music is pretty good compared to the crap that Disney is spewing in the past couple of years.

I like Girls Aloud's videos
Quote by charby19
I like Girls Aloud's videos

+million

The video for Love Machine? Tasty
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Are you looking at universities there?
And if so-what ones?
The name's Charlie!

Quote by Ur all $h1t
If Scotland wants to be a different country then go and get your independence properly and stop being pussys about it.

Page 1 of 4