Hello there, i don't often come to this forum to much, but today i need your help

i am interested in buying a great sounding acoustic guitar for a relatively low price.
and it must be from the UK
links are greatly appreciated.

I will be recieving a lot of money for good results from GCSEs around £400

but i don't want to spend that much. Say around £100?

Thanks.

I Mainly play The Pixies, Elliot Smith and that sort.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Hello there, i don't often come to this forum to much, but today i need your help

i am interested in buying a great sounding acoustic guitar for a relatively low price.
and it must be from the UK
links are greatly appreciated.

I will be recieving a lot of money for good results from GCSEs around £400

but i don't want to spend that much. Say around £100?

Thanks.

I Mainly play The Pixies, Elliot Smith and that sort.

You won't buy a "good" acoustic guitar for £100. Period.

If you must spend that little, may I suggest buying second hand? Look through the free ads etc or on ebay. Tanglewood or Takemine are good ideas.

Yamaha, you can get new for just over £100. £200 would get you better, if you spend it in the right way.

Tanglewoods or Takemine in the £300 mark are very nice. Really though, second hand is your best bet for cost effectiveness.

What part of the UK are you in?

I can understand that you don't want to blow your £400 in one go on one thing, but will this acoustic guitar get used? Is music your passion? Ask yourself, if you really need whatever it is you want to spend the rest on.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Skeet UK
You won't buy a "good" acoustic guitar for £100. Period.

If you must spend that little, may I suggest buying second hand? Look through the free ads etc or on ebay. Tanglewood or Takemine are good ideas.

Yamaha, you can get new for just over £100. £200 would get you better, if you spend it in the right way.

Tanglewoods or Takemine in the £300 mark are very nice. Really though, second hand is your bets bet for cost effectiveness.

What part of the UK are you in?

I can understand that you don't want to blow your £400 in one go on one thing, but will this acoustic guitar get used? Is music your passion? Ask yourself, if you really need whatever it is you want to spend the rest on.

Hull -Humber Bridge area.

Thats a shame, As i really can't go over £150 on my budget (saving up for a car)
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Hull -Humber Bridge area.

Thats a shame, As i really can't go over £150 on my budget (saving up for a car)

Get on ebay mate. Search auction etc near your postcode. I saw a very nice Takemine near me, go for £127 hard case as well. If it is local, you can try before you buy.

When you are spending small amounts of money, second hand is really the way to go.

Oh and assuming you are young (how old? profile says you are 59!)...I shouldn't worry about putting £250 towards it. You will need a whole shedload more than that. Have you passed your test yet?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani