Ok, so I was reading on gibson.com about "Reconditioning Your Speakers"
Link: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/Tone-Tips-The-Good-Doctors-225/

Now, I store and play my amp, in my pretty moist/humid basement because its the only place where I have room to store it, and when I play it, it doesn't shake the walls and windows of the house so much.
but I have noticed, that for the past year that I have had my amp, that it is losing its tone.

On the website of the link above^ it says that I can take my speaker out, and store it in a box with some silica bags, to remove the moisture from the speaker. But the problem is that I don't have any silica bags (because I threw them all away) and that I don't know where to get them.

So, I was wondering if I just set my dehumidifier by my amp and let it sit there running for a while, would that do the trick?

I don't know if the heat coming off of the dehumidifier would do anything to the amp, but I really don't think it will.

but PLEASE post some replies on if you think this will work or not.

Thank You.
I can imagine it'd work fine, but to be safe i'd do it as the website suggested, maybe look on ebay for silica
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by FloppyPancake01
Stuff.

I have a dehumidifier sitting right next to my amp, and a fan blowing on the amp to try to avoid damage. As long as the dehumidifier isn't touching the amp you should be ok. Watch out, though, they tend to overflow. Mine sits on a drain.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
my Randall half stack has been sitting next to my dehumidifier for about a year and i dont believe it has lost any tone but if gibson recommends something then they would probably know best
Instead of silica you could put the speaker in a sealable container with some uncooked white rice. You would probably need a lot of rice tho lol. But this does work. I did it with my phone after it went thru the wash, dried it right up.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL