Hey guys,

First time poster!

I've got a question...
I've had a fender 48th street custom frat for about 7 years now and it's the only electric I own. I've been pleased with it, although I plan on shopping around soon for another model. I'm having trouble though with the humbucker on the bridge. When ever I am in overdrive on my amp or have a distortion pedal, the pickup makes a ridiculous amount of noise. I've used it on different settings, different pedals, and different amps, and all result in wretched unwanted fuzz. Any idea's how to make it stop?

I imagine it's not supposed to happen...
Quote by Xeus
what amp do you posses sir?

Well, I bought a Marshall 15watt with the guitar and yesterday I purchased a marshall zakk wylde micro stack.

@mr. parker...

What?
if it's just a noise when using the humbucker, then it wont be the cable or a loose output jack wire.

if it's just when using the humbucker then i suggest you open the guitar and look for the loose wire to or from the humbucker, including the ground wire (if the noise lessens when you touch metal at the bridge)
and see which wire needs fixing.

could be to the switch. with a dirty connection.
if the humbucker is connected to a pot, try lowering that pot to lessen the noise.

in addition, shielding does help quiet a strat, mostly single coils, so that that's not going to be the biggest problem here.

i think an addition of MG amps is only making the problem more noticable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last night I also noticed that when I'm picking up from the humbucker and middle single coil together I noise too, although not as bad as when it's just the humbucker.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll do some investigating this weekend and report back.
Ok, so I basically looked at my guitar and didn't see anything really noticeably wrong with it, checked out both my amps and they weren't making any noise cracked up by themselves, and then I started testing out the cables in the amp and the cables were making a ton of noise. So now I'm thinking it might be my cables that are just amplifying the humbucker...

So I pretty much just buy cheap cables. What are some good ones I should pick up so this noise nonsense will stop?
dimarzio and planet waves cable are both, fine.

there are more, just two i like.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011