This is a thread dedicated to Gear Fund money ONLY. Talk about ways you are going to get money (please, no overused hooker jokes) and what you are saving up for. When you finally get the money to get what you want tell us what you got or if you achieve the goal.

I'll start this thread off. Right now, I have about $620 CAD that is going towards a Marshall JCM combo and a Dean ML 79 guitar. I will be getting my paycheck which will have about 500-700 bucks on it which is a good thing. I might wait another week for my other paycheck to even have more money towards my fund. Plus, i'm selling alot of guitar stuff that I'm not using to add to the fund.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 6, 2009,
I want about £240 of effects, and £350 of bass guitar. But I have no job, and no idea how to get the money
Well I just spent my last money for the month, (screw petrol and my fine that must be payed in a week).

Spent the money to book a Marshall AMP, as the Roland practice amp isn't up to scratch anymore.

Also just bought a Digitech hot head, which pretty much wipe me out financially.

Next paycheck is going right into the Marshall amp so I can bring it home

So gonna need a few months financial recovery after this.
Quote by JDbbx
I need about 200-300 euros to swap my guitar for an Ibanez ICT700. No idea how I'm getting it, I'm only at 50 at the moment :/

You could sell some items over ebay, craigslist, or kijiji that you don't use for extra cash?

Once you have a bit of cash buy the guitar over ebay from the US because euros are more than the US and CAD dollar.

EDIT: pawnshops are great places to sell stuff to as well.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by herman ri2
You could sell some items over ebay, craigslist, or kijiji that you don't use for extra cash?

Once you have a bit of cash buy the guitar over ebay from the US because euros are more than the US and CAD dollar.

EDIT: pawnshops are great places to sell stuff to as well.

I'm definitely gonna sell some stuff, for sure but I'm gonna be swapping a BC Rich Warlock, a Stagg s200 and an unknown guitar + the difference in cash for one, preferably new.
So far im pretty good as i spent £6000 (my yearly wage at the moment) last year on gear like new amps guitars etc.

This year ive got to buy
dimarzio super dist - £70
rest of my BFG - £450
Squier Deluxe strat - £220
BKP strat set - £80

All hopefully will be gained by december :-) hopefully it wont result in me selling my body!!
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
So far I'm making money off my dad giving me £10 a week of pity money
But I'm lookin' like mad for jobs (like mad meaning I've applied at 2 or 3 places ) which should be £500 (roughly) a month if I work maximum hours (I'm 16 like).

I'm saving up for a few things, gonna need a new amp soon, an ENGL Thunder 50 is high in my list right now but that could change.
Also want to get a Mac for recording purposes, getting my ideas recorded is a real priority for me, cos I write down some, but forget most, if I have them recorded, I always have them.
I just got a job flipping burgers, which was my all time last resort, but i cant resist the greatness of the telecaster im saving for, so i gave in. I just need 400 more dollars.

And since i'm already on the topic of fenders, can anyone tell me what kind of fender this is. it kind of resembles a jaguar, but im not sure.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/2697164103_d16cb70f9d.jpg?v=0
I believe (don't quote me) it's a HH Jaguar with the pickguards taken off.
EDIT: My mistake, not a HH jaguar, but possibly a special edition jaguar. /end EDIT.

And I may have to go for a burger flipping job unfortunately
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Aug 6, 2009,
I'm sort of content with my gear which is weird. I have the guitar I've always wanted (RG570) and a nice brutal tube amp.

I have a couple of hundred now, but probably gonna sell some gear and get something nice. REally what I need is some pickups for my ibanez guitars. I need to get at least two dimarzio super distortions for the bridges. And figure out what neck pups to buy as well.

So basically just upgrading the gear I already have instead of buying something completely new.
At the momment a new Acoustic is high on my list, I have around $30-40usd. I'm saving for a Solid Top acoustic or a decent A/E.I just bought something non-guitar related thats why my funds are down. After that I am planning on either buying a new amp-Proably a Vox or upgrading my guitar to a Gibson SG standard.
I make about $120 dollars a month doing odd jobs for people.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Aug 6, 2009,
Ah, how I miss my time before university...I currently have no money for food, let alone the gear I want! Living off ramyon in my Korean apartment ftw.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Ah, how I miss my time before university...I currently have no money for food, let alone the gear I want! Living off ramyon in my Korean apartment ftw.

You're in Korea?
Good new guys! I just gained more cash for my fund by selling my Korg Toneworks!

Now, my fund is $742 CAD!

I'm so close to new gear I can play it!
I'm gonna do the big one, try and get myself a real Les Paul Standard, the guitar that will last me forever. I'm trying to acquire money in any way possible, but it's early days. My blog, odd jobs, getting a job, EMA, and selling everything I can, contribute. All are very small amounts though.
Quote by JackleCube
I'm gonna do the big one, try and get myself a real Les Paul Standard, the guitar that will last me forever. I'm trying to acquire money in any way possible, but it's early days. My blog, odd jobs, getting a job, EMA, and selling everything I can, contribute. All are very small amounts though.

You could always use ebay to sell obscure items you don't want like shoes, posters, and etc.
I get my work permit next year, so I can add the money that I get from a job to the 100$ I already have saved up for a new Ibanez.

I'm thirteen, the legal age in MD is 14.
$1500. A better electric (probably a used Fender Highway 1 HSS Strat), Acoustic/Electric (probably Takamine EG363SC), a used Fender Blues Jr, and a few pedals, like an Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, Vox Wah, Boss DD-7 Delay, and an A/B/Y box.

I'm currently waiting to find out if I'll get a callback interview at Best Buy, and if that doesn't work out I'll try Starbucks and a few other places.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
$1500. A better electric (probably a used Fender Highway 1 HSS Strat), Acoustic/Electric (probably Takamine EG363SC), a used Fender Blues Jr, and a few pedals, like an Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, Vox Wah, Boss DD-7 Delay, and an A/B/Y box.

I'm currently waiting to find out if I'll get a callback interview at Best Buy, and if that doesn't work out I'll try Starbucks and a few other places.

I heard McDonalds and Wonderland (not sure if Americans have wonderland) hires all the time.
I have 50 bucks and I need 500 to get a hellraiser deluxe
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I have 50 bucks and I need 500 to get a hellraiser deluxe

Try selling some of the gear you don't need or like on ad sites?
Quote by herman ri2
Try selling some of the gear you don't need or like on ad sites?

Ya i'm trying to sell my behringer for 125 and then I'll just have to save up lunch money every week til i get enough.... I get $15 a week
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by herman ri2
I heard McDonalds and Wonderland (not sure if Americans have wonderland) hires all the time.
I wish I could go to Wonderland. (the amusement park right?)

I have no job, but I'm really not desperate for anything big. Just an ISP Decimator and an Eminence Patriot Texas Heat. I sold four items on UsedEverywhere.com/Kijiji.ca to get a total of 220 dollars. I'm planning to go used for the ISP Decimator. What would be a fair price to look for?

I'm a kid, and I'm too busy to get a newspaper rout. I used to have an allowance, but I think allowances are pointless because all the chores you do (like taking out garbage, dishes, etc.) IMO is supposed to be done- you shouldn't have to get payed to do it. So I personally stopped getting an allowance.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by herman ri2
You're in Korea?

Indeed I am, been here for almost 11 months and got 5 weeks left before I head back to jolly ol' England. With my sexy new guitar and cheap ass EQ pedal, of course. What's the point of goin to Asia if you don't get a new guitar? The stuff they make in Korea and keep here is beyond belief.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I need 20 more bucks to get the schecter s-1 I want! All i need is to bug my mom for a little bit
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
My main idea that I'll be saving for is to have a killswitch, jazzmaster tremolo, charlie christian pickup, new pink or paisley or turquoise or wooden or green pickguard + knobs, and a TV Jones classic plus pickups put onto my Squier Duo-Sonic (don't worry, I like the guitar and it's not dumb because the wood is of fine quality).
i wanna get an ESP horizon NT II and a ENGL SE, it should take me a while to get to it after i graduate high school next year, ill look for a job while studying in college, i proably wont have to dorm so i'll get there slowly, but it'll be all worth the wait and i think i have enough toys for a while .
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
I need 20 more bucks to get the schecter s-1 I want! All i need is to bug my mom for a little bit

Update, I won it off of ebay!!!
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Right now I want an Ibanez S470; and have 15 dollars

I need a job; but, those are hard to find due to this crap economy.
Quote by JDbbx
I need about 200-300 euros to swap my guitar for an Ibanez ICT700. No idea how I'm getting it, I'm only at 50 at the moment :/

I'm not going to lie, I think that's pretty damn awesome.
I would do anything for an ICT-700, apart from selling my guitars.

I'm hoping on the fact that my household has saved about Two grand by skipping out a holiday abroad; will get me my DK2M.
Let's hope there's still about Four hundred pounds out of that two thousand come Christmas time, but the real feat would be getting my mother to show me she loves me that much.

Also, I think a Peavey Vyper would fit very nicely into the other half of my Christmas budget.

If not, I'm going to have to sell some dope =\
Great news guys I just got my check for last week. I got $546.00 now my fund is $1,271.15 CAD!

I'm so close to my new rig I can play it.
I work at a dealer so I have an advantage but the bad thing is that I'm addicted to spending my money on all this cool stuff.

right now the wish list includes
m-audio BX8A studio monitors $450
mac book pro $2000
custom shop strat used $2000
peavey 6505+ head
orange AD30 head used $1200
serato sl3 $700

the monitors are getting owned first
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Well, im done working for the summer. I ended up with about $1400 bussing for two restaurants but spend $400 for my Schecter. I would love to spend the rest of my cash on a new amp, pedals, extra strings, all that fun stuff. But now I have to get a car+insurance too so it looks like amp will have to wait...

Im also out of a job atm...there aren't even any burger flipping jobs in my town. The foreigners have taken all of them.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Supposed to be getting a job at Kroger sometime soon. My guitar teacher is hooking me up :].

Currently though from mowing lawns around my neighborhood and for family (Along with washing cars.) I have about $600 or so saved up for the Eric Johnson strat in 2 tone sunburst.

Other things I'm saving up for

Mesa Boogie Lonestar: $1200~$1800
Pedals: $XXX

That's about it for now. Maybe a Marshall Plexi head to fiddle with, and possibly a Gibson '59 reissue or a Gibson ES-335 later on.
right now i've got 100 something going towards an Alesis Micron Synthesizer Keyboard (400, but i can be a dick and get it for 300)

I'm selling my roland micro cube and an unused m-audio midi keyboard...but Idk where where to sell them.

I've no job.
I don't even shred
I want a Fender Deville 2x12.It think its about $800 and atm I have $0 saved up,mainly because I just finished my Partscaster.

I work so I'll be getting my money there.I'm going to try to apply at Disneyland since I would get paid more there.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb