hey im saving for the jcm 2000 - tsl 100 head

have u got one ??
wat do u Think of It ??

im in a metal band but also like to play other lighter things does this suit alot of genres,

shall i buy one ???

any cabinet advice to go with his sick ass head

I would personally go with a DSL100 if you are going to go JCM 2000 series. The DSLs are more reliable than the TSLs and are generally considered to have better tone. It suits plenty of genres from almost jazzy on the clean channel to pretty heavy. I would recommend a booster depending on how heavy you want to get though.
Quote by mindstealer
I would personally go with a DSL100 if you are going to go JCM 2000 series. The DSLs are more reliable than the TSLs and are generally considered to have better tone. It suits plenty of genres from almost jazzy on the clean channel to pretty heavy. I would recommend a booster depending on how heavy you want to get though.

+1. with marshall, more stuff = more stuff to f*ck up on you. the DSL is a solid amp. my buddy has one that i get to play when i hang out, and it sounds great.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
If you are looking for a great cab for metal you should get a 1960 A. its a 300 watt cab with killer speakers.
Quote by house212
If you are looking for a great cab for metal you should get a 1960 A. its a 300 watt cab with killer speakers.

Or for less money get an Avatar and you get to pick your speakers. Besides you don't need 4x12, 2x12 is just as good and much lighter.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I liked the DSL100 a bit more than the TSL, thought honestly, they're not worlds apart. I still prefer an Engl Blackmore over both though, it's got a fuller, ballsier tone. The Marshalls, while being fine amps, sounded a little bland next to it imo. Seeing as the Blackmore is in the same price range as the JCM2000 amps, it's probably worth a look.

EDIT: Where are you located?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 18, 2009,
I have a TSL 100 and I actually prefer it over the DSL.

To me the DSL is a little warmer sounding. Which some people prefer, but I liked the tonal characteristics of the TSL better.

I never had any problems with the amp and its very reliable. The footswitch is another story. That thing sucks.

As far as tones you can get real nice clean tones all the way up to black label society metal tones.

Best advice is to jam the **** out of it and see if it sounds good and feels right to you.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Last edited by JLT73 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
I liked the DSL100 a bit more than the TSL, thought honestly, they're not worlds apart. I still prefer an Engl Blackmore over both though, it's got a fuller, ballsier tone. The Marshalls, while being fine amps, sounded a little bland next to it imo. Seeing as the Blackmore is in the same price range as the JCM2000 amps, it's probably worth a look.

EDIT: Where are you located?

+1

Also it's worth looking into different companies for speaker cabs. Orange makes GREAT cabs, as does Mesa, but if you want something custom check out Avatar, Vader or (on a higher-end budget) Mills Acoustics.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??