I'm thinking of switching the pickups on my guitar(epi firebird) to a Seymour Duncan SH-8(Invader) or SH-4(JB) in the bridge,and an SH-1('59) or SH-2(Jazz) in the neck.
How will this combo do for punk/alternative rock/hard rock? I also play a little metal(Metallica and that's about it).Will do these genres fine?
I have the JB/Jazz combo in my Ibby, does Metallica and any other metal just fine.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
First find what about your tone you want to change. And what is your current amp?
Pushing the gain way high.
Thing is, my pickups are pretty weak and i think they're gonna stop working soon :S(checked that at a big guitar store close to me where my uncle works,he's awesome at this stuff and he told me that).
Guitar pickup's don't stop working, unless there actives (probably not) then nothing cannot work unless there's a loose wire. My suggestion would be to get a quality distortion pedal or overdrive pedal to boost your amp instead of pickups, will do more justice to your tone.
/run on sentence.
Last edited by Ghold125 at Aug 6, 2009,
Thanks man,i think that's exactly what i'll do.
But any way,i wanna hear more opinions.
Quote by Firebirdz
Pushing the gain way high.
Thing is, my pickups are pretty weak and i think they're gonna stop working soon :S(checked that at a big guitar store close to me where my uncle works,he's awesome at this stuff and he told me that).

I'm afraid your uncle is talking crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hey imbuilding a firebird with my dad and am wondering what would be the best pickups for it, any suggestions?